Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Student Accommodation 2015/2016 Academic Year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maryellen1234

Hi there, I'm a third year student nurse in trinity and looking for accommodation ideally looking for people to team up with and search together! Max rent would be 480pm!

If anyone is interested please contact me no time wasters please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rois26

Hi, my name is Róisín and I'm starting first year in September (hopefully studying film and broadcasting in DIT). I have been looking all over for affordable accommodation near Aungier street (off St. Stephen's Green) and have found a few places on the likes of Daft and Cribs but a lot of them are digs and I would really rather share with other students if possible. Some people said it is easier if you find other people who are looking for something in the same area as you and all search for a house together. So I was wondering if there is anyone else who wants to team up and find a house :) I would prefer something on the South Side (as it would be closer) and if not in walking distance then along a transport route, so if anyone thinks this would suit let me know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod Note
    There is already a Dublin thread, please don't start new threads unnecessarily

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paul_1986

Hi Guys,

I will begin an MSc in UCD this September and if you don't know already UCD, as of this summer, has abolished any sort of postgraduate on campus accommodation for all students within the EU. Now considering I live and work in London this is a huge problem! I am also quite annoyed that they waited until all offers were accepted before revealing this news. (Thank you! I pay 10k for a years enrolment into the uni and don't even have the option to live on campus!)

This leaves me no option but to enter into a shared house for the year, and this is what has inspired me to start this thread. Being a postgrad this is a serious year of study for me. The course is intense, 9am to 6pm (at least) each day and then independent study and lab work after that means a pretty heavy work load!

So as I go search for shared accommodation, people will not want me as I will be once again classified as a "student" and anyway from my experience a lot of young professionals still live like students.

I am wondering if there are others in my situation? And if it would be possible to team up with other postgrads in my position to find suitable accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

If you are over 23, classify yourself as a mature student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MissMochaBean

Hey guys,

I'm a mature student (God I hate that word) i.e. in my late twenties, female, non-smoker etc. looking for a room preferably within walking distance of UCD. I've just been accepted into Veterinary Medicine. Any househunting advice/wisdom would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Rois26 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Róisín and I'm starting first year in September (hopefully studying film and broadcasting in DIT). I have been looking all over for affordable accommodation near Aungier street (off St. Stephen's Green) and have found a few places on the likes of Daft and Cribs but a lot of them are digs and I would really rather share with other students if possible. Some people said it is easier if you find other people who are looking for something in the same area as you and all search for a house together. So I was wondering if there is anyone else who wants to team up and find a house :) I would prefer something on the South Side (as it would be closer) and if not in walking distance then along a transport route, so if anyone thinks this would suit let me know :D

Depending on if I get my first choice CAO I would be interested, depending on rent prices of course aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Satie_Erik

Hey guys,

I'm a mature student (God I hate that word) i.e. in my late twenties, female, non-smoker etc. looking for a room preferably within walking distance of UCD. I've just been accepted into Veterinary Medicine. Any househunting advice/wisdom would be much appreciated.

I might know a place in donnybrook that could suit. What sort of budget have you got in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MissMochaBean

Satie_Erik wrote: »
    I might know a place in donnybrook that could suit. What sort of budget have you got in mind?

Thanks for the reply! I suppose ideally I'd prefer not to go above €500/month but I guess it'd really depend on the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

Jamie3039 wrote: »
    hi saoirse. i have not found anywhere as yet. however some other people have expressed interest in teaming up too.im going up to dublin monday to start looking more seriously. have you heard about any suitable places yet? thanks

Hi Jamie, myself and two friends are in the same boat. All 3 of us are in UCD, two of us are 21 and the other is 20. I think our best bet is to look for a house, so give me a shout if still interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Satie_Erik

Thanks for the reply! I suppose ideally I'd prefer not to go above €500/month but I guess it'd really depend on the room.

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Hi Paul_1986, MissMochaBean,

I'm 25 and going for a computer science masters in September (UCD) and think we should team up for the year.

I'll be staying on from September 2015 to September 2016, but can find alternative accommodation during the summer months if this doesn't suit ye.

Shall we move to PMs?

Three boys all aged 20-21 looking for two or three more students to team up and look for some accommodation for the following year. We have been looking around and have had very little luck so far. If anyone is interested please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lauraca

Hi, I'm a second year student looking for accommodation preferably on in the South of the city for about 400-500 euro's per month including bills. I'm hoping to find a shared apartment or house, if anyone know's of anything, I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lauraca

Hi, I'm a second year student looking for accommodation preferably on in the South of the city for about 400-500 euro's per month including bills. I'm hoping to find a shared apartment or house, if anyone know's of anything, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Wouldn't mind teaming up to find house or apartment if the person is serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

I'm hopin to go to Trinity in September and I want to share acomodation with 7 friends. We are looking for a house. 2 of us are first years and the rest are 2nd years. We don't know where to start. What's the best way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Room for rent in Kilbarrack literally a minute from the DART Station, absolutely ideal for a TCD student.

€450 p/m plus bills
    +broadband (100mbit+ Wifi in room) €10
    +Full Sky (From November, basic Sky until then) €Free
    +1/3 of Gas and Electric

-House has all mod cons but we've not long moved in so lounge etc is a bit sparse at the mo. Thinking is you've everything including a 42" plasma in the room anyway.

-Large kitchen diner

-Room is downstairs so you get a bit of privacy

-Overnight guests permitted one night a week or two nights every two weeks. House is owner occupied, male or females accepted, couples not accepted. Must like cats (well one cat) :D. Genuine non-smoker essential.

-Loads of on street parking

Room available from Mid-september to May.

Why am I advertising now?

We're looking for our ideal housemate to be frank. The following would be a major advantage:

Someone going home 1 or more nights a week
    Final year/Masters/Mature student
    Not needing to be in the bathroom for hours in the morning :pac:
    Happier in room a plus but that said you're paying the rent so run of the house is yours.

PM me please don't respond in thread. 1 Month deposit required.

dazzadazza wrote: »
    I'm hopin to go to Trinity in September and I want to share acomodation with 7 friends. We are looking for a house. 2 of us are first years and the rest are 2nd years. We don't know where to start. What's the best way?

Find a landlord that is utterly insane :pac:

I'm afraid no one in their right mind would rent to 7 students. You might find something in the rougher areas of D3/NCR. Personally I'd look to get a couple of apartments in a purpose built student block.

Looking for three people to team up for a house for 3 beds two in one twin room and 1 in another twin room sharing with a friend of mine. We are three 3rd year UCD Students and may have found a house however I need three more people. If we get the place rent would be 430 each a month. Great location with great access to UCD by bus and town. Need to find some people ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elisam

I am a first year student (also took a year out), studying architechture in DIT this September. Desperately looking for a place. Not too fussy about location as Bolton St is easily accessed. Would love to team up with some people (preferably females) to find a house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aine price

I am a 3rd year student in Dunlaoghaire also looking to share apt/house . I may also have a friend (UCD)
    Looking to to share . Dunlaighaire or anywhere along the Dart line into Dublin is good for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kate_123

katieh22 wrote: »
    Hey Bianca,
    I actually don't know much about accommodation in Dublin yet but I'd be looking for something similar and probably someone to share with. Im doing a year of art in Ballyfermot starting in September, to get a portfolio together for NCAD.
    If you're still looking for someone to share with, let me know!

Hi,

I am also starting Ballyfermot in September to study Graphic Design and am wondering if ye already sorted a place or are still looking to team up with people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Hi,

My mom is considering letting one or both of our 2 spare rooms to a student or students next year. It's her my brother and myself in a 5 bed semi on the north side of Dublin with the 15 bus and 27 bus a 10 mins walk away and the 42 and 43 buses 5 mins away.

There is a double en suite and a single with the main bathroom only used by one other. We have a large sitting room, large kitchen and dining room and a sun room area too. The bills would be all inclusive (Electricity/heating/upc/internet and there is free parking available too.

Can people advise what would be required if I have forgotten anything and what rates would be seen as fair?

I am going to be studying outside Dublin part or the week in the near future and possibly my brother next year so my mam is looking to keep things afloat money wise as my brother an I may not be able to contribute much, so she is not looking to rip off students and profit off them but merely be fair.

She does take students during the summer so knows how to share the house etc but for summer students she provides breakfast and evening meals and packed lunches whereas for a Sept- May/June she is thinking of providing breakfast only in a self serve manner of cereals/toast/eggs.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katie9

Hi, my son is hoping to start studying Medicine UCD in Sept. 2015.
    Disappointed to be placed low on the campus accommodation waiting list.
    We now need plan B!
    Would be grateful for details of digs or house share near UCD.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 obrien10

Hi. Hoping to start first year in IADT. Prefer to share with other students on South Side of City. Any ideas or anyone interested.

I have a bed in a twin room available in Rathmines available. Great location for UCD or Trinity you would be sharing with 3 third year Ucd students. It's a years lease. Get onto me if you're interested. Unfortunately no first years please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Student Accom Dublin

Hi Guys im starting a course in Ballsbridge, and looking for accommodation and as ye know its proven to be very hard.

Would be happy to team up in any location that in on the Greystones DART line and can afford €400 a month flat/house sharing.

If anyone is interested in teaming you can send me an email: <mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mammymags

Can anyone advise? Unsuccessful with campus accommodation application- looking for accommodation near college ? Digs?share- for quiet reliable non smoking non drinking 1st year.
    Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WheelyFeely

I am a soon to be a student in Griffith College Dublin and have yet to find a suitable place to stay besides the Griffith Halls of Residence.

Are there any available places where it is located both convenient and close to GCD?

• Advertisement

I am a soon to be a student in Griffith College Dublin and have yet to find a suitable place to stay besides the Griffith Halls of Residence.

Are there any available places where it is located both convenient and close to GCD?

Loads but be careful of some of the areas in D8. There was a recent enough murder of a GCD student at Herbeton. That said it would be scaremongering to suggest that's anything other than a tragic aberration but D8 is home to some of Dublin's best and worse areas.

Are halls booked out? They are a very good idea for the first semester.

Advertisement