Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JG BAR 10

• 29-07-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a bar 10 as my first endeavour into airsoft and I'm very happy with the rifle & the customer service from AirsoftGuns in Limerick. I was surprised at how much punch it has and the construction is very solid with nice smooth action from the bolt.

The only minor issue I have is when I give the mag a spray of silicone I get the occasional double load until the excess lube leaves the mag which doesn't take long. But it looks great in the flesh and the polymer stock doesn't look / feel like plastic at all.

All in all, a great first experience into the world of airsoft and I'm already thinking of what gun to get next :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Ah cr@p! it started double loading :(

I've tried lubricating the mag but no difference, I've tried a new TM mag but no difference, I've tried tightening / loosening screws & bolts around the gun but no difference, I've tried stretching the feed regulator spring to make it better at withstanding the feeding force of the mag but no difference.

I'm all out of ideas except for something I read on a forum about replacing the feed regulator spring with a mechanical pen spring, I found only one clicky pen and got the spring out but its twice the diameter of the OEM spring!!!

Looks like I might have to send back under warranty but would much rather fix it myself, the rest of the gun seems perfectly fine like bolt, trigger box, hopup, mags etc... any advice would be great, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭shabba87

are u based around limerick?

shabba87 wrote: »
    are u based around limerick?

Lovely part of the country, but no.... based in Wicklow.

Ah I see coz if u were near I could have had a look for u as I have done work on them and tm g-specs

Ah I see coz if u were near I could have had a look for u as I have done work on them and tm g-specs

Well cheers for the offer anyway, until I figure out the exact cause, my new workaround is to put a clean bowl on the ground and point into it everytime I rack the bolt to catch the extra bb.

I even rang the place I bought it from to ask advice and was told they'll ring me back... that was five days ago!! :confused:

• Advertisement

if u want tp pm me and maybe i can help u

if u want tp pm me and maybe i can help u

OK cool, we'll try that

Will put pics here as I can't seem to send over pm!

see attachments

and again...

once more...

• Advertisement
Advertisement