Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Wolves American Football Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭decies

Winners on Sunday are away to Cork Admirals in playoff final .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

where is the entrance to the field? im presuming its the main entrance to the RSC, so park up in the main car park and walk across. Its been a while since i was over that way :)

Yes drive in main RSC gate park to left of back of old stand . You walk past players entrance on your left ,go around by goal in country end and walk up to pitch to right of new stand . Enjoy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

decies wrote: »
    Yes drive in main RSC gate park to left of back of old stand . You walk past players entrance on your left ,go around by goal in country end and walk up to pitch to right of new stand . Enjoy .

Lovely cheers ill pop over later so. Perfect weather for it an all :) Heres to a good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Who won this, today?

Popped in for a few minutes and there was a decent crowd there. Sounded like a decent atmosphere and something worth going to see on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Who won this, today?

Popped in for a few minutes and there was a decent crowd there. Sounded like a decent atmosphere and something worth going to see on a regular basis.

Wolves won 13-9 I saw on Facebook

Yes great crowd at the RSC today to see the Wolves win 13/9. TD,s for wolves by Mark Dunphy great pass by QB Ryan Byrne . Followed by rushing TD by John Mcgrath. Full report in News and Star and Munster Express . The iafl 1 final will be Wolves v Cork Admirals in Navan. A first for wolves today and American Football in Ireland not only game live on open tempo sports app but live video was broadcast on the periscope app please download this and search and follow Waterford Wolves. Thank you . Go Wolves .

Breaking News:: Wolves beat Cork Admirals 13/12 in Navan to win the iafl 1 championship !! Let the celebrations begin down the Reg the wolves sponsorship. Thanks for all your support . Report in all Waterford Newspapers this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,702 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big congrsts. Big work put in by all

Not meaning to be offensive or anything but is there really a big support for American football around Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Not meaning to be offensive or anything but is there really a big support for American football around Ireland?

Enough support to entertain a discussion. Also what's your definition of big ?

MsGiggles wrote: »
    Enough support to entertain a discussion. Also what's your definition of big ?

Majority of the discussion on this thread was the same guy over and over again giving updates, so really it isn't popular enough to 'entertain' that big of a discussion.

Majority of the discussion on this thread was the same guy over and over again giving updates, so really it isn't popular enough to 'entertain' that big of a discussion.

I don't see your point.... It's informative and somewhere for people to get information. Does it matter if its popular or how popular it is....

I don't see your point.... It's informative and somewhere for people to get information. Does it matter if its popular or how popular it is....

It doesn't I suppose! I just thought there would be close to 0 support really for an American sport in Waterford.

It doesn't I suppose! I just thought there would be close to 0 support really for an American sport in Waterford.

There is definitely support. I rambled up to a game one day and there was a nice crowd there !

There is definitely support. I rambled up to a game one day and there was a nice crowd there !

If people are enjoying it then fair play, I wasn't being a smart arse I just never really heard of people having interest in American football in Waterford. Any new sport that will keep people fit and busy is a good thing.

If people are enjoying it then fair play, I wasn't being a smart arse I just never really heard of people having interest in American football in Waterford. Any new sport that will keep people fit and busy is a good thing.

Well you've met your first interested party :) The lack of sleep from watching on TV can be a bother tho lol

Well you've met your first interested party :) The lack of sleep from watching on TV can be a bother tho lol

Yeah I can understand the lack of sleep issue alright. I watch a lot of boxing and ufc both tend to be on in USA a lot which really sucks.

Up to 30 American Football teams in Ireland . Already 3 looking to join this year. Officially fastest growing sport in Ireland . The fan base in Waterford is also one of the biggest in the country . Thousands of likes on Facebook , Twitter, and now on periscope . Coverage on local radio and in newspapers . Playing also on the best pitch in Ireland at the RSC . They have come a long way in a short period of time . The class ceiling is being truly broken by this side in terms of so called minority sport status .

decies wrote: »
    Up to 30 American Football teams in Ireland . Already 3 looking to join this year. Officially fastest growing sport in Ireland . The fan base in Waterford is also one of the biggest in the country . Thousands of likes on Facebook , Twitter, and now on periscope . Coverage on local radio and in newspapers . Playing also on the best pitch in Ireland at the RSC . They have come a long way in a short period of time . The class ceiling is being truly broken by this side in terms of so called minority sport status .

Thanks Decies, I didn't have the relevent info ;)

• Advertisement

Its that time of the year again folks the return of American Football to Waterford. This Sunday the 20th 1pm the defending iafl 1 champions, The Waterford Wolves host the Cork Admirals at the RSC.As usual this is a free event, the pitch is to the right of the new stand. The forcast is good so a big crowd is expected to turn up to cheer on the champions.The game is also live from 12.30 on the open tempo app.Lets go Wolves!!!!

Despite a competitive first half in which the Wolves were right in the game , the Cork Admirals took control of this contest in the second half and bet the Wolves 30 points to 3. Thanks to all those who came out in the cold spring day .

Wolves take the long trip to Mullingar to take on the Minotaurs this Sunday at 2pm in what promises to be a very tight affair .

Wolves made the long trip to Westmeath in lashing rain , hoping for a good result . In very wet underfoot conditions they battled hard and eventually prevailed to win 11/9 . Touchdown from David Kelly and FG and 2 point conversion from Kevin Butler.

Wolves are home this Sunday the 24th at the RSC KO 2pm against the Westmeath Minotaurs . Please support your local American Football team .

In a cold RSC the away team the Minotaurs got off to a flying start and soon went two touchdowns ahead . In what turned out to be a very physical encounter two Minotaurs got ejected . Following pressure in the away teams end zone Kevin Barry managed to get hold of the ball and get a TD for the wolves . 12/6 to Minotaurs . David kelly added a FG for the home team . And was unfortunate not to get his hands on a well thrown ball by Ryan Byrne . Final score Wolves 9 Minotaurs 12. Thanks to all who came out .

Wolves will host the Meath Bulldogs this Sunday at 2pm . If in the area please support .

Wolves went down 20/13 to the Bulldogs in a humid RSC last Sunday .

Wolves went down 7/0 to the Louth Mavericks in Dundalk today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Whoooooosh.... Tumbleweeds, they're American too aren't they...

Advertisement