Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia College / PME / Grants&Funding

• 27-03-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there are any grants available for the PME if done online with Hibernia College bearing in mind it is now a 2 year full time course???

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spice30

Hi hcc27. I was wondering the same thing myself. I was kind of presuming that it wasn't grant aided. Did you ever find out any more on the topic? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eevy15

Would anybody know if you can get the Back to Education Allowance while doing hibernia?

Eevy15 wrote: »
    Would anybody know if you can get the Back to Education Allowance while doing hibernia?

I think you can. I heard of someone getting BTEA for Pulse College which is a private college.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Really I was sure I could as this is a quote from the citizens info. website with regards Backto Education

''Postgraduate courses

Only postgraduate courses in Ireland are eligible for the BTEA scheme. You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Professional Masters in Education. ''
    Eevy15 is online now Report Post

• Advertisement

Eevy15 wrote: »
    Really I was sure I could as this is a quote from the citizens info. website with regards Backto Education

''Postgraduate courses

Only postgraduate courses in Ireland are eligible for the BTEA scheme. You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Professional Masters in Education. ''
    Eevy15 is online now Report Post

I imagine that Hibernia college will know themselves if you ask.

Terry Pratchet

thanks ya ive gotten in touch with them fingers crossed it all works out

• Registered Users Posts: 11 suzycurr

Hi there I would also be interested to know if you can receive Back to Education Alowance for the Hibernia Professional Masters in Education ?? Does any 1 know about this?

Hi suzycurr

I have since found out that the masters of end. For hibernia does not qualify which is ridiculous as its the same amount if work however you can apply for part time back to education which allows to continue looking for work and receive your job seekers and study. you must be actively seeking work and willing to accept a job offer.

Hi suzycurr

I have since found out that the masters of end. For hibernia does not qualify which is ridiculous as its the same amount if work however you can apply for part time back to education which allows to continue looking for work and receive your job seekers and study. you must be actively seeking work and willing to accept a job offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 suzycurr

Hi-
    Thanks for the info_ Do you mind if I ask have you had any success in getting the part time back to education for Hibernia/ if you're currently studying the PME? This would be about 100euro a week, no? Or do you simply just keep your current Job seekers rate 188 and you're classified as studying a part time course at Hibernia? (if the Hibernia course is still supposed to be 'part time' ?) Have you any idea how all this compares to studying the PME at St Pats? I knew of someone receiving Back to Education payment for St Pats last year...unless they have changed this now...!
    Sorry for the overload of questions, I just find Cit Info etc never can give you a solid concrete answer!
    Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fuffle

Hi all,

Just wondering a year on if anyone has a definite answer for this question or personal experiences of the BTEA, full or half, with hibernia?

Fuffle wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering a year on if anyone has a definite answer for this question or personal experiences of the BTEA, full or half, with hibernia?

Have you asked Hibernia?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fuffle

Have you asked Hibernia?

Tried ringing Friday afternoon but got no response, will try again in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 1 14174413

Hi just wondering if anyone has an answer to the BTEA while doing hibernia? I rang them & they said they cannot answer it.

Advertisement