Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeoirFinder - The Irish beer finding app.

• 14-10-2014 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey folks - have you tried the app "beoirfinder".
    Its a handy little app that helps you find drinking establishments that sell Irish micro beers. It tells you how far away they watering hole is and what they have on offer.

There is a great satisfaction in finding a beer you may never have tried or heard about and also realizing that the people who have made it have been much more involved in the process and are at the dawn of what one day may become a big name in Ireland.

You can imagine the dawning task of borrowing the funds to set up one of these fledgling breweries and the worries that they face in the eye of such a competitive business.

So come on folks - lets give them the help they need. Do I need to coerce Irish people to drink delicious beer ? Is that what the country is coming to?
    Its not like they are poisoning us - the beers are really good.

Buy Irish folds - there is some really great stuff out there waiting to be discovered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Not being pedantic but you'll find it as BeoirFinder (with an i) if you're searching for it.

Great app.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

lk67 wrote: »
    Not being pedantic but you'll find it as BeoirFinder (with an i) if you're searching for it.

Great app.

Thanks for the correction. I'm new to boards. I was wondering why I couldn't edit my post in chrome. I switched over to firefox and made the edits.
    Fair play to ya boss....yer on the ball before your breakfast.

Thanks for the correction. I'm new to boards. I was wondering why I couldn't edit my post in chrome. I switched over to firefox and made the edits.
    Fair play to ya boss....yer on the ball before your breakfast.

No worries. I had my porridge! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Fantastic App. Regardless how it's spelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Offer addict

Yeah, i got that app. its brilliant. about time too. do they have one for food or pizza?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Yeah, i got that app. its brilliant. about time too. do they have one for food or pizza?

"yelp" is the closest I've found for that.

Maybe you could make your fortune if you set it up ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hingo wrote: »
    Fantastic App. Regardless how it's spelled.

We try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Doesn't seem to be hugely up to date, though. As an example, in another thread, someone was talking about the availability of craft beer in Maynooth, there were at least two (I think) pubs serving it. According to Beoirfinder there are none.

Another pub in Cork I sent an email to to see what they have, and they said they had some craft in bottles, specifying which beers they had. Nothing showing on the app though. Who provides the info? Users? If so, how to update, I couldn't find anything within the app itself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lucena wrote: »
    Who provides the info? Users?
    Beoir members. The data is harvested from the Beoir Directory.
    how to update
    If you're a Beoir member you'll find an edit button on the Directory on the website. If you're not, you can just post the information to the forum and someone (me, usually) will get to it.

Is this app still working? Looked at it on several different devices and all you seem to get is a map with a pint-shaped blob wherever craft beer is supposed to be available, but you can't even click on it to get the name of the pub or any other info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Still working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

working grand....try zooming in on a phone or tablet with fingers or toes what ever suits.

Ok, it seems to work in that clicking on it now shows the name of the pub, and that's it. No names of beer being sold, when last updated or anything like that.
    I assume that information is available to most users. Do I need to be a Beoir member or something?

Ok, it seems to work in that clicking on it now shows the name of the pub, and that's it. No names of beer being sold, when last updated or anything like that.
    I assume that information is available to most users. Do I need to be a Beoir member or something?

The beer names disappeared on the last update about a year ago or more. If you go to the Beoir website you can see the beers in the A-Z if that helps.

Edit: Btw, if you click on the name of the pub after you click on the pint you'll get some information, just not the beers.

Advertisement