Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Intake - Who got THE call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Heads up for the ladies plain black training gear in primark at the minute- really well priced

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Heads up for the ladies plain black training gear in primark at the minute- really well priced

What about the fellas lol?

I don't know if they have a fitness range for the guys! Didn't see anything today- decathlon is great for both but it was so cheap in primark for tops I just had to stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

got mines in dunnes stores kev...but it does have some white markings...nothing a felt tip pen cant handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

On the subject of fitness! Has everyone been upping the game??

• Advertisement

I haven't done too much since the PCA but kicking it back into high gear as of today! Had a long distance run earlier :) gotta work on stamina

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dream big

Newby. Awaiting the call. Would love to know roughly what score we got down to?

Dream big wrote: »
    Newby. Awaiting the call. Would love to know roughly what score we got down to?

If you take a look in the 14.05 campaign news thread and read through the history there you might see what scores people are down to?

I think those who got through the first batch of processing are around 78-77 AC score. I am not 100% on this.

Started doing a bit more fitness this week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

dont worry about small logos, or a few white stripes on your training gear. As long as its black and not offensive it will be fine! Congrats to everyone starting soon! It will be good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FV4034_Seraph

Has anyone been able to contact the college administration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

If anyone is looking training gear all in black go to website kit king, range of shorts tshirts and black socks with no logos or colours on them

Guys what we wearing to the induction? Im thinking shirt tie and jumper...what are the rest of you gonna wear?
    Yeah i got thru to admin the other day...to let them know of my car registration

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FV4034_Seraph

I cant get through the number we were given. I've called at least 12 times and got nothing, I've even went through the non-emergency number and still got no answer. Need some help please.

Call the number at the bottom of the letter and ask them to put you through to the police training college? Strange they are not answering, maybe the guards on the phones are on lunch haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 loblaw83

geezoh wrote: »
    Guys what we wearing to the induction? Im thinking shirt tie and jumper...what are the rest of you gonna wear?
    Yeah i got thru to admin the other day...to let them know of my car registration

It's suits for guys, don't be the one who turns up too casual as you will stand out to the trainers

I'm going for a suit- no tie obviously :)

I have a stubble in my photos and its a blue background...should i go and get some with no stubble and a white background

I'd probably go for white background just to be safe I know it needs to be white cream or grey for a passport

Yeah just got some new ones today

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dream big

Anyone know roughly yet how many got into the first squad yet?

• Advertisement

Dream big wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly yet how many got into the first squad yet?

I believe the first intake is a pretty standard size of squad, 37-38 people I think got offered a place in the training.

Anyone watching Rookies tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Red_bull wrote: »
    Anyone watching Rookies tonight??

Seen a bit on TV tonight, really bizarre the different range of ages of the Rookies. Fair play to them though, with all their mistakes,or things they could have handled better on screen etc

How is everyone getting on? Hard to think it isn't long until the start after all the months of talk!

Getting on the best :) shopping list bought and online learning done just need to revise it all now! Super excited to get started :)

Obviously you aren't working right up to it?? I have purchased a nice new iron in a fetching pink/purple! Any tips on ironing cloths??

Getting along dead on just about finished the online learning. Have bought nothing yet haha, I've a shopping list for this weekend.

I don't think you could put 40 hours into the online learning realistically, 10 would be more like it..?

Where to buy an ironing cloth? You can get them on eBay for a few quid or if you want to make yourself known to me in there you can use away at mine- if you mean tips about ironing I'm hopeless and can't be of much use :P

And nah I left work not too long after the call :) been loving life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

Just get a tea towel that isn't fluffy. it does the same job. It's just handy for your trousers (the iron directly on them makes them melt).

Advertisement