Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

X-Factor's auditions are underway, once that show starts to air the countdown is well and truely on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

A/W argos catalogue is out this Saturday! That's definitely the start of it in my house anyway ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Christmas Eve is usually a good indicator that it's approaching

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    A/W argos catalogue is out this Saturday! That's definitely the start of it in my house anyway ! :D
    Ooooh. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Heard an ad on the radio yesterday advertising Christmas parties

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Ooooh. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread! :D

Great minds and all that posy !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

BTs. :D

I'm going to the Brown Thomas shop the first day it's open this year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Argos seem to be showing their Christmas picks to the media!

https://twitter.com/Womans_Way/status/621258616708927488

Another one for me is seeing the mid season sales on in larger shops! Clearing their seasonal stock was in penny's today and delighted to see all the winter woollies starting to appear ; )

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    delighted to see all the winter woollies starting to appear ; )
    Oh I love shopping for winter clothes!!
    I can't wait for thick black tights season to begin. :D

Speaking of winter clothes, this popped up on Twitter today.

https://twitter.com/Womans_Way/status/621634121043984384

I look like a Woman's Way junkie but I only followed them on Twitter last week to enter a competition and they seem to be a bit Christmas mad this week. :D Definitely a sign that Christmas is coming!

I've seen a few restaurants on FB mentioning Christmas party packages and a hotel is advertising 10% off gift vouchers with the code christmasinjuly. They've put up a photo of Santa in their spa. :D Finally other people are beginning to think about Christmas!

I know it's an odd one but I always think we're getting to close to halloween / christmas season when I see Argos have their 3 for 2 sale on toys ! It's a natural sign to start shopping !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

When summer is here it feels like Christmas is just around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

When you wake up on Sunday, it's lashing rain, and your dad has the fire lighting.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

316 wrote: »
    When summer is here it feels like Christmas is just around the corner.

More like when the summer here reminds you of a winter's Sunday Morning!

Yeah, it looks like November outside my window!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Was reading one of the threads here this morning about Christmas fm so installed the app again. Put it on and my 3 year old asked what it was and I explained it was Christmas music, que her breaking into a rendition of jingle bells! She then started to tell me all about Christmas, which given that she was only 2 1/2 last year is great, I think I may have created another Christmas nut!

Was reading one of the threads here this morning about Christmas fm so installed the app again. Put it on and my 3 year old asked what it was and I explained it was Christmas music, que her breaking into a rendition of jingle bells! She then started to tell me all about Christmas, which given that she was only 2 1/2 last year is great, I think I may have created another Christmas nut!

Nothing wrong with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Heard an ad on the radio yesterday advertising Christmas parties

I wasn't the only one so! :D

Anyone remember in 2007 I think, Christmas ads on the radio in April :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

I am completely Christmas MAD -
    but I usually try to at least wait till September before looking for signs...

HOWEVER - I have been missing of the countdown for quite a while as I have a new little nephew (all well but helping out a new Mammy).... and my sister cooked his christening cake last night in my house.... AND THE SMELL... was pure Christmas! :-)

Selfridges has opened its Christmas shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Its cold. Weather chilly and autumnal, thinking about firewood, kindling, logs.

My dad works in garden construction, so he has access to loads of waste timbers.

He built a log store last year, and is filling it up by the week, so we have loads of free fuel by the winter. ( or for the next month) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Christmas fm app updated today, ��

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Saw this displayed in Tesco today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Sunday night (16 th) on Gold, harry enfield yule log, men behaving badly Christmas special, and the royle family at Christmas is on

• Advertisement

shelly22 wrote: »
    Sunday night (16 th) on Gold, harry enfield yule log, men behaving badly Christmas special, and the royle family at Christmas is on

Is this a new Royle famiily ?

Advertisement