Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rocket League

• 07-07-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭

Available to download now on PC via Steam and for free with a Playstation Plus Subscription on PS4. Cross-Play between platforms included.

This game was rock solid when I played it through the Beta a couple of months ago. It is so much fun to play, the videos don't do it justice.

Think of it as Top Gear car soccer mixed in with Astro turf soccer with a dash of speed and carnage.

A completely Physics based game with no cheats or exploits (That I can see anyway), everyone's car has the same stats so nobody gains an unfair advantage, no massive leveling up or becoming overpowered.

The game comes with a seasons mode. Not sure how advanced this will be but judging by the trailer, I reckon it's aping Fifa's clubs mode so players can band together and aim for the top.

If anybody wants to form a team through this thread, please feel free to. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

That sounds fücking amazing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Played it for 20 minutes, already have 20% of the trophies, it's a good laugh so far, servers are down so havn't been able to try multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Saw it mentioned in the PS Plus thread but is anyone elses PS4 running really loud whilst playing?

Tomb Raider has also been causing the same level of noise for me recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saw it mentioned in the PS Plus thread but is anyone elses PS4 running really loud whilst playing?

Yes. I have never heard the PS4 do it before so glad it's not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Played it for 20 minutes, already have 20% of the trophies, it's a good laugh so far, servers are down so havn't been able to try multiplayer.

If this is anything like it's prequel, the last 20% are absolutely impossible to get

So plenty of life in it :D

But I'm totally up for setting up teams for this, Can't wait to get stuck in!

• Advertisement

Hope they split the stats between online and offline. Just recorded my first loss in Season Mode. There goes my 100% win percentage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Pffffft, Street Racer (SNES and Genesis) did it 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Hope they split the stats between online and offline. Just recorded my first loss in Season Mode. There goes my 100% win percentage :(

I dont think they do at the moment anyways. Anniying because online is good but the Ai is awful so my stats will be mostly lies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes. I have never heard the PS4 do it before so glad it's not just me.

Definitely not just you, mine is very loud just in the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Anyone been able to play this online yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

RedXIV wrote: »
    If this is anything like it's prequel, the last 20% are absolutely impossible to get

So plenty of life in it :D

But I'm totally up for setting up teams for this, Can't wait to get stuck in!

I think I remember playing the first one with you assuming your RedVii :rolleyes: ... It's a shame the first one didn't seem to get much publicity but so glad this one has and rightly so... I think I only spotted SSARPB from the free demoes then instantly bought it... Good to see this one free on PS+ so we should have lots of people willing to play games...

Hopefully servers working tomorrow I shall be online quite a bit tomorrow if they are :p

EDIT: Just went on a trophy hunting spree about 72% complete... Pretty easy plat but will be time consuming with collecting all items etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Clearly just a blatent rip off of my game...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Played a few 3v3 online today great craic, although I'm not that good yet :o

Now that servers are working again we should get some games together. Add me 'Shreddedloops'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Are the servers actually working? Seem to be doing a lot of waiting since I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I played this morning just fine but I think the warning message about the servers is still up in the game's main menu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Just gave this a quick 10 minute bash a while ago, can't wait to get the kids to bed to play properly, it seems amazing.

Played an online game earlier but seems theres trouble finding a match now.

On a separate note, I just came across an AI team in my season with some very familiar names...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Kind of annoying the way online hasn't been working for me since launch... Really wanted to take into it today, guess I will have to wait another day as nothing seems to want to work :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Played a single game against the AI yesterday, it's amazing! So much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Loving this, still haven't got to play online yet but am up for playing with some fellow boardsies. PSN is Ivefoundgod87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Getting bored of playing against the AI at this stage, servers being down for this long is a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Online has been working for me for the last couple of hours. Getting games within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only figured out now that you can fly with the boost.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was watching Giant Waffle playing earlier, they seem to be able to do "bicycle kicks" some how by jumping and doing a flip in mid air. They were all playing online in a team, so maybe it's back up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I played an online game this morning on PSN. Got fcuking whipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Played an Exhibition 2v2 on Rookie last night. Won 5-2, it was fun.
    Played a 3v3 season on Pro (9 games). Won 3, lost 6 and it was amazing.

Twice I was beaten in overtime.
    One game I was leading 2-0 after about 2 minutes. Felt like I was getting the hang of it. Only to lose 3-2 to a last second goal. Ball literally crawled across the line as the clock hit zero. Gut-wrenching.

I find myself "willing" the car towards the ball a lot, hard to sit still and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Do the tutorial lads, you get a trophy and it really helps with teaching you all the basic functions and where they can be used, only took 10 minutes to do them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Forget what your old football coach told you, sometimes it's better to play the man and not the ball.

• Advertisement

I find myself "willing" the car towards the ball a lot, hard to sit still and play.

I noticed myself doing that when I was playing earlier. Keep flinching when I'm just out of reach of the ball. Weird.

Advertisement