Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Student Accommodation 2015/2016 Academic Year

• 30-04-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any shared houses or apartments or digs that are in 20/30 minutes walk/cycle of Trinity or NCAD that is available from Septemeber 2015 onwards. Ideally i'm looking for a single room to rent that is under 400 euro. If anyone is looking for someone else to house share please let me know!! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katieh22

Hey Bianca,
    I actually don't know much about accommodation in Dublin yet but I'd be looking for something similar and probably someone to share with. Im doing a year of art in Ballyfermot starting in September, to get a portfolio together for NCAD.
    If you're still looking for someone to share with, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gemini123

Hi Bianca,
    My daughter is starting NCAD in Sept 2015 too. Just started looking, don't know if you've found anything yet, but we maybe interested in sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭omicron

BiancaW wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any shared houses or apartments or digs that are in 20/30 minutes walk/cycle of Trinity or NCAD that is available from Septemeber 2015 onwards. Ideally i'm looking for a single room to rent that is under 400 euro. If anyone is looking for someone else to house share please let me know!! Thanks!

Single rooms under 400 in the city centre are pretty much non existent at this stage. There might be an odd one in the north city centre but generally you're looking at €500+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bally20

Hi guys. I'm going into 2nd year and UCD and was pretty much relying on campus accommodation for next year. Well that ship clearly sailed half way through my exams (thanks UCD) and now I have to find somewhere to live. I've never looked for a house before so I don't even know if I'm looking too early or too late. Digs isn't really an option because I lived on campus last year and I feel like I'd be going backwards. One of my friends has a house sorted and we've only been finished three weeks. I've looked at all the usual places online but there aren't many student houses on offer and the ones I do find are usually summer months. I don't mind a 1 year lease. I just was wondering whether I should not mention I'm a student or should I wait a bit longer to find somewhere and if anyone knows where to look to find a house? I'm looking at Clonskeagh right now. Help is so appreciated you have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bally20

Hi,
    I'm a continuing year student in UCD looking for a 4 bedroom house to rent with 3 other continuing years, all of us female, non-smokers. Preferably on a bus route but walking distance of max 30mins is fine. If you have any information, PM me.
    Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You'll probably have better luck on daft.ie or rent.ie - advertisers rarely look here

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamie3039

See below

Hi my name is Jamie. Im a 22 year old student from tipperary studying law at ucd. my friend eoin <Snip> (22 from kildare) and i are looking for accomodation together. we probably may end up settling for finding a twin room or something in a flat but if possible itd be cool to rent a house. so i was wondering if anyone is looking to do the same? we are both clean respectful guys, up for some craic but also want the space to do some work over the year. we were looking in the 400 -500 euro range and would like it near ucd but not necessarily. im probably gonna go up and stay with my uncle in dublin to look for somewhere in bout 10 days. gonna use rent.ie daft etc. from my experience landlords are more persuaded if there is proof that there are enough roomates to fill all the rooms; also helps with the deposit :). if anyone is interested or has any questions let me know. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Struggling to find a place to stay that doesn't involve sharing a bedroom with 3 or more people in Dublin for the college year. Spent weeks looking at daft.ie but the results are the same and the majority of private rooms are too dear for me to afford.

Are there any good, reputable websites that advertises rooms available to rent that I could use?

I could go down the flat/studio renting but most landlords want a 12+ month lease and/or professionals only tenants so finding a place for students is a bit tricky.

Daft really is the most reliable, beyond that there are various Facebook groups where people team up to house hunt. And then your college accommodation office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 saoirsegibney

You're best off teaming up with a few people and renting somewhere together! I'm looking myself at the moment if your interested? collegecribs.ie is good too.

Did you find anywhere yet? I'm looking at the moment myself!

Yeah, I'd be interested. Where about are you looking to stay or what college you heading to? I'm heading to DIT Bolton St so ideally, I'd like to stay somewhere on the northside or along the LUAS red line.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Are yous 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year college student?

1st year into DIT

I'm 2nd year!

So you're just starting? I'm looking for cheaper accommodation aswell in dublin, on campus is unbelievably expensive

Student accommodation is way too expensive and I would imagine that most, if not, all places would be fully booked.

Is anyone going to DCU or trinity?

I'm 2nd year!

Where did you stay last year?

• Advertisement

Where did you stay last year?
    I had an apartment in Inchicore with a few other students. Its 10 times easy when you team up with people!

I had an apartment in Inchicore with a few other students. Its 10 times easy when you team up with people!

Yeah I agree, can I ask what your monthly bill was? Did you go to DCU, trinity or where?😄think it's around 6,000€ for the year on campus..

Yeah I agree, can I ask what your monthly bill was? Did you go to DCU, trinity or where?😄think it's around 6,000€ for the year on campus..

The rent was 450 each plus bills which were around 60 every 2 months each in the summer and 90 in the winter. Thats the gas and electric. Then you've got internet which is about 40 a month and if you want to get tv which we didn't that's another 40 a month maybe a bit less if you get them both in a package! I went to Ballyfermot college but Inchicore is 10 minutes on a bus too town and a tenner in a taxi at night so it's really handy for town. Good thing about being on campus is you rent the room for the amount of time your gonna be there if you go private you'll be renting it for 9 months or a year probably!

The rent was 450 each plus bills which were around 60 every 2 months each in the summer and 90 in the winter. Thats the gas and electric. Then you've got internet which is about 40 a month and if you want to get tv which we didn't that's another 40 a month maybe a bit less if you get them both in a package! I went to Ballyfermot college but Inchicore is 10 minutes on a bus too town and a tenner in a taxi at night so it's really handy for town. Good thing about being on campus is you rent the room for the amount of time your gonna be there if you go private you'll be renting it for 9 months or a year probably!

That's massively cheaper than on campus, cheers for that👠Did you have to rent that apartment for the full year to retain it? It's kinda difficult to arrange where to get accommodation until you get a CAO offer but thanks for the info anyway!

That's massively cheaper than on campus, cheers for that👠Did you have to rent that apartment for the full year to retain it? It's kinda difficult to arrange where to get accommodation until you get a CAO offer but thanks for the info anyway!

I did yeah but it depends some landlords will do a 9 month lease some even do 6 but 9 is usually the best you'll get! Yeah that's true but if you keep looking then you'll find something eventually.

hi saoirse. i have not found anywhere as yet. however some other people have expressed interest in teaming up too.im going up to dublin monday to start looking more seriously. have you heard about any suitable places yet? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emilyjaneoh

Is anyone going to DCU or trinity?

Hoping to go to trinity, going into first year

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emilyjaneoh

Hey! Just thought I'd start a thread for this year so students who want to maybe look for housemates or find a room to rent can post on here. I'm hoping to be going to trinity so if I can find a few people to get a house with near there, that would be great! I'm starting first year.

Hi Jamie. Honestly i think you'll be wasting your time going now unless you want too move up immediately! Most places you'll find will want people to move in immediately unless you might get lucky and find somewhere that is looking for people to move in a few weeks. Saying that you might get lucky and find somewhere that wants you too move by September!

• Advertisement

Lots of duplicate issues being posted, easier to have the Dublin search in one place

Mod

Advertisement