Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What person would you team up with?

Options
  • 17-06-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

What famous person would you team up with in a zombie apocalypse. I'd probably team up with Bear Grylls. Seeing as that guy will eat anything, he should be no problem getting rid of the zombies.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

But won't Bear eat you long before he has to eat any zombies? :P

I'll take Terry Crews, he's got the power to fight hordes and the sense of humour to keep morale up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Bear Grylls would only be of any use if you had a tv crew and a hotel on standby :P

In fairness, while I do think he could survive if he had to, it was obvious from his shows that he had a huge crew around him.

There was another guy, who's name escapes me, and he did all his survival, while filming the whole thing. Now there's a guy I would want on my side (although I'm not sure he'd want me :o).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Although he's not a person, I would like the Littlest Hobo to be on my team. He's loyal, would let me know if zombies were in the area (so I could get some quality sleep knowing I was safe) and he'd be the type of companion who would never stab me in the back.

For those of you too young to know, the Littlest Hobo was a Husky who roamed around helping people in need. I don't think there's any greater need than someone trying to survive the apocalypse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

President Obama. No doubt he'd have the best security plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Jack Bauer or Rick Grimes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jennifer Connelly

She can kick ass when she has to, and she's purtty :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

geecee wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'd trust Bauer, doesnt he end up killing or torturing a lot of the people he's with in order to achieve his goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Although he's not a person, I would like the Littlest Hobo to be on my team. He's loyal, would let me know if zombies were in the area (so I could get some quality sleep knowing I was safe) and he'd be the type of companion who would never stab me in the back.

For those of you too young to know, the Littlest Hobo was a Husky who roamed around helping people in need. I don't think there's any greater need than someone trying to survive the apocalypse!

Nah, you would get emotionally attached and then he would bugger off, leaving you more miserable and alone

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Nah, you would get emotionally attached and then he would bugger off, leaving you more miserable and alone

There's a voice, it keeps on calling him

Down the road, that's where he'll always be

Every stop he makes, He makes a new friend,

Cant stay for long, just turn around, and he's gone again!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ray Mears everyday of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Marty Morrissey or Eileen Dunne failing that see my thanks above

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

You've made me remember the theme music, which makes me sad. "Maybe tomorrow, I'll wanna settle down, until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on..."sniff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jennifer Connelly

She can kick ass when she has to, and she's purtty :)
    To expand on your plan, why not take the hawaiian tropic girls? They probably couldn't kick much ass but with a full bus of them you could afford to lose one or two. Plus they'd be too slippery for zombies to catch because of all the sunscreen they'd be wearing.

I would but only if they were all clones of Jennifer! :D

geecee wrote: »

Well, if we are picking fictional characters then there really is only one option

Tony Stark

Get yourself a spare suit and everything is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Sarah Connor. She has it all, kick ass attitude, skills, and easy on the eye. Only disadvantage would be threat of a terminator turning up .

Sarah Connor. She has it all, kick ass attitude, skills, and easy on the eye. Only disadvantage would be threat of a terminator turning up .

Terminators are re programmable, how good is your M68000 assembley?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Chuck Norris

Not to be confused with Senator David Norris........

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

nc19 wrote:
    Chuck Norris. . . . .

I dunno. Chuck is great, but he is famously a lone wolf. Not sure if he would stick with me. Might be better with David.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

Fictional - Sarah Connor // Alice from Resident Evil // Jack Reacher ??

Celebrity - Paul Walker R.I.P. // Vinny Jones // Arnold Schwarzenegger - Get to da choppa!

Reality - Pack of vicious attack dogs with zombie immunity - lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blackdragon72

I would team up with Andy McNab, sure to be a safe bet to have my back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Teresa Mannion.

Safety personified, tough and hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

For me it would have to be Bruce Cambell!

Nothing beats venturing out into the zpocalypse to test my zombie survival skills, to the comic commentating pun-casting genius, though a ROFL giggling idiot may not be the best way to face the zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Bear Grylls would only be of any use if you had a tv crew and a hotel on standby :P

In fairness, while I do think he could survive if he had to, it was obvious from his shows that he had a huge crew around him.

There was another guy, who's name escapes me, and he did all his survival, while filming the whole thing. Now there's a guy I would want on my side (although I'm not sure he'd want me :o).

Ed Stafford? He's a bit mental though :D

Advertisement