Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More money than sense

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Someone who can afford to make an 11K bet doesn't need to worry about 460

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A pure mug punter, only reason Boyles took that is they have a record of him being a large loss making punter.
    He can get 1.80 on matchbook right now and if he waited a bit perhaps 1.85.
    So he has lost out on 800 or more already, yeah a real pro:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Maybe he's restricted from those other bookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I say he bet 11,000 to get a clean 8,000 at 8/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I say he bet 11,000 to get a clean 8,000 at 8/11.

or he could have walked into Lads and got a "clean" €8,461.54? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

If the bet was even placed .

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

its tough to find a bookie that will lay a big bet so im sure this was probably his only choice of getting a bet on. i remember when madrid played utd in champs league. went into pp and put 300 on madrid at 4/6 to qualify before 2nd leg. cashier was on the phone for about 5mins before eventually letting the bet go through. so i can imagine this bloke had trouble getting matched for any proper sum.

Anyone that uses a high street bookie to get a major bet on is a fool or trying to launder money.
    Much better odds and very high limits on Pinnacle and matchbook and 3et and they wont limit you either.

Anyone that uses a high street bookie to get a major bet on is a fool or trying to launder money.

Much easier ways to launder money than sticking 11k on an 8/11 shot that may not win.
    Much better odds and very high limits on Pinnacle and matchbook and 3et and they wont limit you either.

There are people who don't like using online accounts for various reasons.
    Also wouldn't be the easiest amount to lodge into an account either as most bookies have a daily limit, Betfair is 5k and you might have to pay charges on the lodgement.

Most of the sites i mentioned, there is no problem lodging large amounts of money e.g 3et min deposit is 50k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Most of the sites i mentioned, there is no problem lodging large amounts of money e.g 3et min deposit is 50k.

:eek:
    Any idea what the.maximum is, a million?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Go into Ladbrokes with 11,000 and see what happens you will spend ages waiting to collect too. I.E no cash in the office

spock. wrote: »
    :eek:
    Any idea what the.maximum is, a million?

Not sure but min bets are 1k per play.
    I know some of the Asian bookies and brokerages have accounts with tens of millions in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

okidoki987 wrote: »
    or he could have walked into Lads and got a "clean" €8,461.54? :confused:

Why else would he bet 11k "okidoki"? :confused:

I.E no cash in the office

I've been left waiting hours for €300 on a Saturday when a lot of the favs got beaten.
    Why else would he bet 11k "okidoki"

The amount staked is/was irrelevant.
    The point was why would you go into 1 shop to win 8k when you could go into a shop near it for an extra €461 euro.
    The only sane answer might be if he was in the middle of nowhere and
    there was only 1 bookie near i.e. Boyles.

3et

I'd never heard of them until now.
    Any idea of who or what are they?

There basically a sort of broker for high limit gamblers, they get all your money on through matchbook and Asian bookies.
    There just a system really, ran out of cork by the same guys that do support for matchbook.com
    You can be invited to join or apply if you have the 50k Min.

Advertisement