Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gambling addiction

Options
  • 25-06-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've spent the last few years denying that I ha've a problem , hoping that the one big win would come .It hasn't and I've blown all my savings. I've now amassed quite a bit of debt on credit cards and overdrafts. I've decided that I'm going to stop ,I have to stop before it destroys me and my life . It's the one thing in my life that I can't control. I'm going to tell the girlfriend I've relapsed.I've been hiding it from her this last year .She may walk away I wouldn't blame her but I can't shoulder all this stress on my own . I can't keep hiding the truth . I've a good well paid job but I'm stuck In a rut of gambling every penny I have every month .I've closed down my accounts today and self excluded myself from my local bookies .I've decided that the only big win is my not gambling anymore . I know it won't be easy I've tried before but always relapsed thinking I was back in control . Is there any help groups in the dublin area that I can go to ? how have other problem gamblers gotten away from this evil addiction ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Fair play to you on taking the first step. Best advice would be go to a gambler's anonymous meeting and take it from there. Best wishes for the future

http://www.gamblersanonymous.ie/meetings/meetingsListing.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Unless my phone is broke that's a link to a fine looking lady

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

akelly02 wrote: »
    Unless my phone is broke that's a link to a fine looking lady

Hahahaha didn't delete the original post quick enough it would seem. An accident :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Hahahaha didn't delete the original post quick enough it would seem. An accident :pac::pac::pac:

At least we know what the missus looks like now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I would advise contacting any online bookmakers you may consider using and advising them of your desire to self exclude.

You have taken a very brave step to protect yourself. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Dunlewy or gamcare . Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stephan5

Find a local gamers annonimous meeting if you live in a big city (then you can find it). Otherwise it is wise to take the same steps as those who are trying to get over the drug addictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fandango2011

Nomoregambles did u get sorted, seems your stuck in a black hole and need help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nomoregambles

Well I haven't bet since . Going to be a long road before I'm sorted . Clearing debts . Feeling more positive though .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fandango2011

pm me if you need anything, I was stuck in an awful mess back in October 2 years nearly ago, ive turn my life around, debts are there but manageable, its a day at a time for me anyway. best if luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement