Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

T-Bird wrote: »
    Factor in customs, vat and admin charge. Might be more like 350 perhaps.

No, trade price from England, no hidden extras

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Which postage did you use?

Just the standard one that was free, came through an post, probably dumb luck.

Phone has plenty of bloat ware but I'll probably root at some point. Its seriously nippy, my moto g had started to crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Wang King wrote: »
    No, trade price from England, no hidden extras

Sorry my mistake. I didn't read it properly and presumed it was a 2 instead of a 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

I recently got a tablet from a seller on Aliexpress, when it showed up on the an post tracking I noticed it had been sent to customs. I was expecting the usual email requesting and invoice to show the purchase price but this time it was just released. When the postie arrived he had a customs charge for me which was based on the declared value. Is this a new practice?

On another note, has anyone gotten their Chinese items delivered to their Parcel Motel address in Belfast? I know PM don't accept anything with customs charges on it but surely there's no way the UK customs are as "efficient" as our boys?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭satguy

surely there's no way the UK customs are as "efficient" as our boys?!

Our boys are only efficient because some of our couriers are standing there with laser pointers and highlighting our phones as they go past on the conveyor.

They then add a handling charge on to the bill,, Now just Que the Sid James Laugh !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I had a screen worth €35 sent to PM, I know its nothing big bit still liable for customs duty, not a thing said about it. UK allowance may be higher though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I recently got a tablet from a seller on Aliexpress, when it showed up on the an post tracking I noticed it had been sent to customs. I was expecting the usual email requesting and invoice to show the purchase price but this time it was just released. When the postie arrived he had a customs charge for me which was based on the declared value. Is this a new practice?

On another note, has anyone gotten their Chinese items delivered to their Parcel Motel address in Belfast? I know PM don't accept anything with customs charges on it but surely there's no way the UK customs are as "efficient" as our boys?!

Hi how long were you waiting for the delivery of tablet once you knew it went to customs?
    thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

So my Elephone P7000 just arrived and first impressions are that it is unbelievable, build quality is really excellent, I expected it to be very plasticy but it is really well built.

Screen has a lovely display, colours are vibrant. It is quite heavy but the phone itself is massive compared to my iPhone 5s so it is to be expected really, anyone with a similar size phone it would be comparable I would think.

I will post some more once i've used it a bit more, only just opened it basically!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Nubia Z9 Mini users, I have finally found a tool custom made for our phones which includes 1 click driver install, 1 click root, 1 click twrp with custom interface for z9 mini to install ROMS etc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/zte-nubia-z9-mini-one-click-root-custom-t3130631

Enjoy!

Custom ROMS link inc CM 12.1 https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZ2ciXZF5nJBplEMtHrRs1BNh0zUV4aRphV#folder=31054211

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

Just received my jiayu s3, I scanned it with malwarebytes and it found 20 malware apps, none of which it could remove. I installed titanium backup and removed them but when i restart the phone they're back! They have names like ios7, petal, waterdrop, galaxy5.. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Does Titanium have an option to lock installs or something? If not, they could be reflashed by the recovery, trying installing TWRP or CWM then uninstalling them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Should be able to freeze them with titanium,might be a pro version option only though

Link2SD and Gemini App Manager booth freeze apps

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Hi how long were you waiting for the delivery of tablet once you knew it went to customs?
    thanks
    John

It was with customs for 2 to 3 days max, not too long to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

joei wrote: »
    Just received my jiayu s3, I scanned it with malwarebytes and it found 20 malware apps, none of which it could remove. I installed titanium backup and removed them but when i restart the phone they're back! They have names like ios7, petal, waterdrop, galaxy5.. Any ideas?
    c

How u finding the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I ordered a KINGZONE Z1 last Sunday from CooliCool from the European warehouse it came on Wednesday morning, great service.

So far so good it a cracking phone.

yogidc26 wrote: »
    I ordered a KINGZONE Z1 last Sunday from CooliCool from the European warehouse it came on Wednesday morning, great service.

So far so good it a cracking phone.
    BB

What made you go for that phone instead of a phone with say 3gb of Ram? I'm looking to get a phone soon but don't know too much about them

2gb is enough to manage Android. 3gb is nice but realistically never going to be used, on AOSP I'd have 40-50 background tabs and programs open with almost half a gig left, that's on 2gb

I presumed that if a phone had extra ram then it would be automatically faster. You'd recommend it so over the other Chinese phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Where did you order it from that it came with all this stuff?

• Advertisement

No, that isn't how RAM works. If the phone was never rebooted and cache never cleared and you had tonnes of programs running in the background, then yes.

Unless you're going to fill the RAM, adding more is a gimmick. You'll do well to fill 2gb in my experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Steven Numerous Flare

There is a flash sale on the elephone p8000 starting on the 15th june on various sites.

The sites release codes which must be verified on elephone.hk.
    IF successful a coupon code is provided which is redeemable on the sellers website for $40 off.
    How it works http://www.1949deal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/elephone-p8000-promotion.png

Meanwhile
    1949deal.com are offering a $20 discount on the p7000 20COUPON20150312

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

wiz569 wrote: »
    Should be able to freeze them with titanium,might be a pro version option only though

Installed this on my Jiayu g3 tonight. Its gone on a boot loop ever since.

Turns itself on then crashes.

Can't even get it into recovery!

Del007 wrote: »
    How u finding the phone?

Only just got it so not fully tested everything out yet but it seems like a very good phone. Only thing that's kind of bothering me is the size! I didn't realise how big a 5.5 inch screen was for carrying around, I suppose it will just take a bit of getting used to. The phone itself is flying!

Where did you order it from that it came with all this stuff?
    One of the no customs sellers from aliexpress that was linked on here. Think a few others here have bought from him.

Got them removed by flashing a new rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Joei, I presume you bought the 3gb version? What did it work out as after p+p? Really interested in getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭savemejebus

One of the no customs sellers from aliexpress that was linked on here. Think a few others here have bought from him.

Got them removed by flashing a new rom.

Thanks, it could be worth naming them, even without a link, so others don't get caught though. I was looking at a Nubia from one of those guys. Not everyone would scan a phone for malware. Actuall, without googling I don't even know what program you'd scan it with :o

I scanned with malwarebytes, now i'm not sure what those apps were doing but i do know they shouldn't have been there!
    Yes i got the 3gb version. All in it was about €190. It was cheaper to get it delivered through parcelmotel, uk delivery $8 vs ireland $25.
    I bought from here. Delivery including parcel motel took 9 days, which is quite good. All in all i'm happy with the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Installed this on my Jiayu g3 tonight. Its gone on a boot loop ever since.

Turns itself on then crashes.

Can't even get it into recovery!

Did you try remove the battery then hold volume + button and power button

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement