Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

!! FRENCH - predictions, guesses and discussion.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

I have racism, terrorism, drugs, alcohol, the environment and crime. Will I be okay, please help. :( Oh and since people think the environment will be up with the theme of water does anybody have a paragraph on it they wouldn't mind sharing. I've nothing, thank you!

I think you have enough topics just go for expressions like "Qu'on le veuille ou non" (whether one likes it or not), " Il faut que j'admette" One must admit subjunctive aswel. Phrases like that can be put into any place, that's if you haven't included them in the other essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

How hard would it be to get a C3-C2?

Elemonator wrote: »
    How hard would it be to get a C3-C2?

What did you get in the pre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Broseph wrote: »
    What did you get in the pre?

A D1. But my oral vastly improved but I feel I've lost on the abstract topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I've got the environment (water), racism and terrorism done. Any others you can recommend? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

I've got the environment (water), racism and terrorism done. Any others you can recommend? :(

Drugs/alcohol. Even if they don't come up it can be easy to link them in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chefvortivask

I have racism, terrorism, drugs, alcohol, the environment and crime. Will I be okay, please help. :( Oh and since people think the environment will be up with the theme of water does anybody have a paragraph on it they wouldn't mind sharing. I've nothing, thank you!

Une Taxe Sur l'Eau

Cet incident a provoqué un tollé ces deniers mois. À vrai dire, j'ai des opinions partagées en ce qui concerne la taxe sur l'eau.

Tout d'abord, la qualité des tuyaux est en mauvais état parce qu'ils on très vieux. Il y a beaucoup de fuites d'eau et c'est un gaspillage de l'eau. Avec cette taxe, le gouvernement a la chance de reparer ces tuyaux et améliorer le traitement de l'eau.

Mais il existe un argument de poids en revanche aussi. À cause de la Récession, c'est déjà difficile de joindre les deux bouts et de payer les autres facteurs comme le prêt-logement et des impôts. Il va sans dire qu'il ya des milliers de chômeurs qui n'ont pas les moyens de payer une taxe sur l'eau aussi. Ils ont en colère et donc ils font des manifestations contre cette taxe.

Pour trouver une solution à ce problème, c'est un autre paire de manches. Néanmoins, le gouvernement doit faire face à cette situation avant qu'il ne soit trop tard. Ou bien, il peut être la goutte d'eau qui fait déborder le vase.

Hope this helps, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Am I the only one winging the written pieces? :o Did a decent oral and I'm fairly good at the comprehensions and aural. I only want a pass anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I want a B2 really really badly my French has never been amazing but Ive really worked my ass off this year Im just praying I don't mess it up in the morning or that its not a really difficult written topic

What are the important/ obscure words for the weather question that can come up at the end of the listening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

Have a look at the CD rom that came with your papers. There is a list of listening vocab there.

vamos! wrote: »
    Have a look at the CD rom that came with your papers. There is a list of listening vocab there.

cheers much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 17 otter13

I have the same but instead of crime obesity, so in the same boat. Fingers crossed for you and I!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GaryL0904

Shouldn't have left it to half eight the night before to start studying. Glanced at some stuff there and my god i cant speak a word of it any more. Forgotten all my verbs and any vocab. What happens if you fail french. Can you still get into university with a failed language?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BuckleyCX

GaryL0904 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have left it to half eight the night before to start studying. Glanced at some stuff there and my god i cant speak a word of it any more. Forgotten all my verbs and any vocab. What happens if you fail french. Can you still get into university with a failed language?

It depends on the course but most courses in NUI colleges do require a pass in a third language.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement