Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hard to say.

120-150 euro?

Ah! Thanks man.

I̶'̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶€̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶ ̶O̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶A̶d̶v̶e̶r̶t̶s̶?̶

Read the rules, I'll get it up on Adverts.

Make me an offer! My first adverts ad, so be nice.

http://www.adverts.ie/7854988

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm torn.

On the one hand I really like the look.
    But on the other, I most likely need a PS4 stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

kiki this is why you have no money.

Mayflash might have a quad-console stick incoming:
    http://www.play-asia.com/ps3-ps4-xbox-one-xbox-360-pc-arcade-fighting-stick-paOS-13-49-en-70-8r6d.html

wR48PhO.jpg

Not out yet, so no idea how legit this is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Interesting. Their website says they'll be at E3 in June. Maybe it'll release around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Anyone looking for a Madcatz SE ? Have one boxed here open to offers \ swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

airmax87 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a Madcatz SE ? Have one boxed here open to offers \ swaps.

you still got that? Someone looking for a stick on facebook IFGC group.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Anyone knows where to buy a good PS4 stick for a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

ladnopoka wrote: »

We are getting this one from Player1 to test and see what its like. I think Shane is selling it for 100 quid but I've no idea yet what its like. We should have one to review in a week or so.

stick2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I was thinking of getting a PS4 stick too but the only decent option I could find was the hori ones. I'm just gonna skip Ultra on PS4 for now until Mad Catz get their act together and release a new TE.

Apparently ps3 sticks work on usf4 on the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

ed_james wrote: »
    Apparently ps3 sticks work on usf4 on the ps4.

They do, but there's no guarantee they'll work for SFV, which is why I think it's probably worth waiting if you don't already have a PS3 stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I hate hori sticks, will wait for madcatz or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I hate hori sticks, will wait for madcatz or something similar.

Ditto, I think the fact that PS3 sticks work on PS4 USF4 says nothing about the compatibility of said sticks with SF5. Just gotta wait and see.

I see zero reason why Sony/Madcatz/Capcom(?) would make PS3 sticks compatible with SF5/PS4. There would be no market for their newly released line of PS4 sticks then, as everyone would just pick up PS3 sticks on the cheap.

Money $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Anyone know of a decent PS2 stick?

I've been keeping an eye on ebay for a PS2 HRAP but they seem to be like hens' teeth.

Anyone know of a decent PS2 stick?

I've been keeping an eye on ebay for a PS2 HRAP but they seem to be like hens' teeth.

Pad hack a ds2. Some of the ds2 models had ribbon cable holes that you could just stick a wire into them.

Pad hack a ds2. Some of the ds2 models had ribbon cable holes that you could just stick a wire into them.
    You're thinking of Dualshock 1:
    SpiffyShoes' Solderless A-series hack

I would advise against this tbh.

A Zero-Delay PCB only costs $20 and is easy to install.

Alternatively, scour forums & carboot sales (I picked up a rare HRAP1 on Adverts years ago for €25!)

Namco / Soul Edge / Soulcalibur II stick is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Hi guys, I'm on the lookout for a cheap stick for occasional play on the PS3. My budget is only 30-35 euro, so if anyone has an old one lying about that they're willing to sell for that price can they let me know.

Thanks

You're thinking of Dualshock 1:
    SpiffyShoes' Solderless A-series hack

I would advise against this tbh.

A Zero-Delay PCB only costs $20 and is easy to install.

That's the one! I always thought it looked dead handy. That ZeroDelay pack looks way handier though, even just cutting the wires takes ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

thanks for the input everyone. I've never modded anything and am a bit technophobic in all honesty. I'd be tempted to pic up a pcb and give it a shot, is it tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

+1 for the username

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.png

That's the one! I always thought it looked dead handy. That ZeroDelay pack looks way handier though, even just cutting the wires takes ages.
    Just make sure you get the correct cables for your gear; the linked one is for Japanese parts (5-pin joystick and .110" buttons)
    thanks for the input everyone. I've never modded anything and am a bit technophobic in all honesty. I'd be tempted to pic up a pcb and give it a shot, is it tough?
    Have a read through http://Slagcoin.net
    Modding used to be tough, but the newest user-friendly PCBs like PS360+ or Cthulhu can be installed solder free (depending on configuration).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi lads ok so im on pc now have abandoned consoles completely. looking for advice for a stick whats out there for less than say 100 that would be good for pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Use your console stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

bush wrote: »
    Use your console stick?
    i dont have one bush i had one for the 360 i never had one for xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I have the Hori stick from Amazon for my PS4 but would rather a Madcatz TE stick. Anyone know if they're ever going to restock them? Or will I be forced to pay some ridiculous price from some profiteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to have my Playstation namco stick modified and was wondering who I might be able to contact on this forum who might be able to do it for me.

I think I'd be looking to have the buttons and joystick replaced, to bring it more in line with the current generation (or at least the last generation) of arcade stick.

Cheers

H

On another note I found this article online which (although it's over a year old) still might interest some people.

https://www.techinasia.com/the-best-arcade-sticks-from-2007-to-2014/

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/552-buttons-gamerfinger

GamerFinger HBSF-30 buttons on sale, $4.25

You won't see them cheaper than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Anyone know how much shipping on a Q4 would be from playasia ?
    Would I get stung with customs or anything ?

Advertisement