Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ash - Kablammo!

• 07-06-2015 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

5qdv23Zm.jpg

Released 25/05/15.

Any interest in this? I was surprised not to find a thread already on it.

I was never their biggest fan but I always enjoyed their singles, and was a fan of Free All Angels in 2001 and Meltdown in 2004. Haven't enjoyed their stuff since then but I was very pleasantly surprised by Kablammo recently. One or two tracks you can clearly hear the Muse influences (one track in particular is a blatant Muse rip-off though. Incidentally there's a U2 rip-off on Muse's new album.)

Anyone else been enjoying this album?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

They certainly kicked are at the gig tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

sweetie wrote: »
    They certainly kicked are at the gig tonight

are you drunk?:pac: what gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

They played in Dublin tonight apparently https://twitter.com/ashofficial/status/607667969167126528

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was a bit! Yeah they played all the old favourites and 4 or 5 from this album which didn't sound out of place. I'll certainly pick it up, they've always been able to write a good single.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I thought they weren't going to do any more albums, just singles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

loyatemu wrote: »
    I thought they weren't going to do any more albums, just singles.

They did say that, yeah. I suppose they just changed their mind. Bands/singers should really never say never - they almost always end up going back on their word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's on Spotify btw, I thought they were good at Slane. Going to give this a listen over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Really enjoying this album, one pure muse like tune alright on it, I think it falls into the 'ash have never produced a bad album' category. Not their best but I'd give it 3.5/5, hedonism is my favourite track, I was at whealans when they played recently, almost blew the roof off the place, fantastic night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Heard the song cocoon on the radio a bit, cracking tune, ash back to their best imo

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Video for Cocoon, first song on the album! Don't know if it's genius, or they're taking the p1ss...or both!

• Advertisement
Advertisement