Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Options
  • 04-06-2015 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

CGotSyfWcAAOuEv.jpg

The game will feature Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves and Drake's Deception, but no Golden Abyss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Possible confirmation from Neil Druckmann

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/606361831905435648

"Well... that hit a few hours too early. See you in the AM. G'night y'all."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Any idea of the price? Will there be room for anything else on my PS4 if I were to download this? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definite buy for me anyway. Absolutely loved the series, and i don't have them PS3 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why call it that if he's the main character in Uncharted 4? Same as calling it the Uncharted trilogy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cool, due a play through, hopefully it's being vamped up a little for next gen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fallout 4 and now this.

The gaming gods are looking after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

out 9th October 2015

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/04/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-is-coming-to-ps4-this-october/?emcid=social_20150604_46959716&adbid=606460973923188736&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Oh, and one other important note, buying the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection grants you exclusive access to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer beta (while the beta is available, of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection includes the singleplayer campaigns for UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, and UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception.

No multiplayer outside of the beta?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have little interest in the release, but glad to see Bluepoint Games are working on it. They're ****ing magicians (still like to think their Titanfall port was held back because it was so good), so the remasters should be a cut above.

So they have 3 games yet still couldn't include gameplay in the trailer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thought when they postponed Uncharted 4 it was to make it a more complete game rather than rushing for a deadline, disappointed to find out it was just to put out another remake to make money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought when they postponed Uncharted 4 it was to make it a more complete game rather than rushing for a deadline, disappointed to find out it was just to put out another remake to make money.

Eh, Naughty Dog aren't developing the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So they have 3 games yet still couldn't include gameplay in the trailer?
    It's not due out until October and since once of the biggest issues for them will be getting the game running at a full 1080p60, showing footage of the game now would only lead to unwarranted criticism if they haven't reached that target yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eh, Naughty Dog aren't developing the remake.

Well there's me jumping the gun, cheers.

gizmo wrote: »
    It's not due out until October and since once of the biggest issues for them will be getting the game running at a full 1080p60, showing footage of the game now would only lead to unwarranted criticism if they haven't reached that target yet.

Sure just worry about the 1080p then play it on fast forward. :) Though I'd say they would need to have some of it done by now, since they'll probably have something ready for E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Otacon wrote: »

No multiplayer outside of the beta?
    No point (from business POV) keeping servers up for revisions of 2 old games when they're trying to sell you the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure just worry about the 1080p then play it on fast forward. :) Though I'd say they would need to have some of it done by now, since they'll probably have something ready for E3.
    You can't really do "some" of this kind of work to be honest. That being said assuming they did have the renderer working and were now concentrating on performance, they'd still need to choose a fairly low-key area in order to ensure they were hitting the full 60fps. I can't imagine that'd make for a very exciting trailer.

On the other hand they could just have released the Announcement trailer now as a precursor to some actual gameplay footage at E3 as part of a lead up to more Uncharted 4. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Scott Rohde explains that the Collection is not just an uprez.

They are going back to 1 and 2 and making sure all the things they learned through the 7 years of development are applied to all 3.

That includes control, AI advancements, etc being retooled in all 3.

Sounds fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Any idea of the price? Two weeks before the launch 😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

8 gold Doubloons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Any idea of the price? Two weeks before the launch 😀😀😀

Standard retail, 65 - 75, 80 for the special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Demo due out tomorrow to tide us over til next week :)

Also, the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta will begin on December 4 and last for ten days, ending on December 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Next week? Damn, too many games, too little time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

J. Marston wrote: »
    Next week? Damn, too many games, too little time and money.

This past month has been expensive, and we should have been expecting it!

Of course I have not budgeted correctly, ha ha

Fieldog wrote: »
    This past month has been expensive, and we should have been expecting it!

Of course I have not budgeted correctly, ha ha

Tell me about it.

Just got PES 2016, plan to get this.... And Fallout.... And AC:Syndicate.... And Just Cause 3...

No Christmas presents for anyone this year! :) Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

First PS game I'm buying since metal gear, excited as all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

What's the likely cheapest place to buy a physical copy of this?
    Any place which has a good price and would guarantee release day delivery?

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    What's the likely cheapest place to buy a physical copy of this?
    Any place which has a good price and would guarantee release day delivery?

Game Collection if you use Parcel Motel, €55. Probably get it the night before to Parcel Motel (I have each time).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Review embargo is up now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118610

Looking forward to playing the first game again, with improved controls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Game Collection if you use Parcel Motel, €55. Probably get it the night before to Parcel Motel (I have each time).

Thanks.

Brick and mortar shops will probably be Argos at €59.99.

Advertisement