Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which Desert Loadout

Options
  • 30-05-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been living in the south of France for 5 years now and I think it's time for a desert loadout which would definitely be more appropriate for the conditions I usually find myself playing in here!

So, the question is, do I go Brit or Marine?

I have currently have British woodland Camo and Russian para digital camo and my guns are a AK74 and a PSL Sinper Rifle (that is converted from an RPK).

I'm also considering adding a rifle to my collection to complete Brit/US desert loadout.

I like the Brit camo idea because it is a little different here - most people in France have either French camo or US Marine desert camo. However, from a purist perspective, it limits me to an L85 which seems relatively hard to get your hands on. You seem to have a lot more choice going with the M4/Scar option. It might also be nice to get an electric recoil rifle and going brit might rule that out.

Anyone any thoughts on my truly first-world dilemma? :-) Maybe there are other exotic desert loadouts I'm missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

di11on wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've been living in the south of France for 5 years now and I think it's time for a desert loadout which would definitely be more appropriate for the conditions I usually find myself playing in here!

So, the question is, do I go Brit or Marine?

I have currently have British woodland Camo and Russian para digital camo and my guns are a AK74 and a PSL Sinper Rifle (that is converted from an RPK).

I'm also considering adding a rifle to my collection to complete Brit/US desert loadout.

I like the Brit camo idea because it is a little different here - most people in France have either French camo or US Marine desert camo. However, from a purist perspective, it limits me to an L85 which seems relatively hard to get your hands on. You seem to have a lot more choice going with the M4/Scar option. It might also be nice to get an electric recoil rifle and going brit might rule that out.

Anyone any thoughts on my truly first-world dilemma? :-) Maybe there are other exotic desert loadouts I'm missing?

I'd go with a SAS M4/16 load out using the British desert camo as your base which will allow you to add the l85 at a later date and still be authentic.
    I'm a desert marpat fan myself for several years at this stage but rarely sees game days these days.

Pencott badlands would be top of my list for a loadout at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thanks Gatling, the SAS idea is a good one! I've been looking and there is Russian desert camo you can get, but then I wouldn't need a new rifle, so that's hardly a runner :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Gatling is spot on the SAS use the Diemaco L119A1 SFW its more or less an M4a1

There's a couple of examples here:
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?84151-Diemaco-L119A1-SFW

It's been in use since late 80's early 90's and hasn't changed much so it will work with the old Brit desert and the new digital stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thanks JSmurff. I've concluded that this is the way to go since I already have British woodland DPM.

Do you have any thoughts on my Choice of M4 Dilemma?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I've held and owned a plethora of m4 aegs over the last 5-6 years and I was never a fan of ICS. G&G top tech range and VFC are pretty much on par with each other in my opinion the only plus I can see in G&G being a choice is the blowback if you like that sort of thing otherwise if you don't then go with the VFC

But to stick with your SAS theme you would want an M4A1 at the least

If you look around G&P's sight you will be able to find all the correct externals to make it a fully fledged L119A1 G&P also produces the correct PEQ box
    http://www.gp-web.com/en

• Advertisement
Advertisement