Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic G1... but with up to date toys

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

A lot of Broadside's recognition these days comes from a meme about him being a brick.

Not a great toy...they even made him grumpy to with his not great toy status...but not as awful as some say, esp when you consider the limited articulation of some g1 toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I never got why Broadside gets so much stick in particular. His toy wasn't any much more bricky than 90% of G1 toys.

Because he was a relative nobody? Because switching between his two alt modes means crazy amounts of mass shifting?

Springer is not a great toy either...but people tend to overlook that.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Only picked up Broadside to make up the triple changers collection. He was the worst of the three Autobots and the worst triple changer I thought.

I do like that toy though. The Warbot defender was a nice toy too.

Probably about the only thing from Hasbro's NYCC panel that would be of any interest to anyone here.

BBTS/Amazon* exclusive. Pricing and release date unknown.

25sxx95.jpg

*no, not Amazon UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

That the War for cybertron omega? Looks nice. Reminds me of those Hearts of steel transformers (which I think are awesome looking)

DBK wrote: »
    That the War for cybertron omega? Looks nice. Reminds me of those Hearts of steel transformers (which I think are awesome looking)

It's a remold of Energon Omega. Claw is very WFC, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looks nice ...wil i be doubtful :/

Crossed Unicron and Devastator off my list thanks to Future Guy :) , He also gave me a G1 Ultra Magnus but im gnna continue to look for an up to date one too :)

Colossus reissue preorders are doing the rounds for those of you who care.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10029&mode=retail&picture=out

Questions:

- BBTS do not charge you until it's in stock.
    - Yes you will get stung on customs charges.

• Advertisement

Just a quick update on this i've given up on generations and all those and have started down the road of Masterpieces :D

Have Prowl, Got Wheeljack and Grimlock on the way and hoping to knock MP10 Prime off that list too

and hoping to knock MP10 Prime off that list too

Re-released next month, in case you didn't know.

Yeah went to pre-order him with Kapow and he's already bloody sold out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Dublin city comics have an MP Prime on their shelves. Not sure if it's the current one or the early bigger version.
    Could be worth a shout to em.

Yeah went to pre-order him with Kapow and he's already bloody sold out !

http://tfs-express.com/masterpiece/-177-transformers-masterpiece-mp-10-optimus-prime

Pre ordered him yesterday with omega lock

Pre ordered him yesterday with omega lock

Same company! (in case you didn't know)

Now have Fanstoys Scoria (slag), gigapower guttur (snarl) hasbro grimlock, MP10 Prime , Wheeljack ,Prowl

have MP Bumblbee and Sunstorm on the way too, slowly getting there :D

Now have Fanstoys Scoria (slag), gigapower guttur (snarl) hasbro grimlock, MP10 Prime , Wheeljack ,Prowl

have MP Bumblbee and Sunstorm on the way too, slowly getting there :D

No Swoop eh?

Kapow are selling toy deco Soar on the cheap at the moment.
    (just saying :) )

http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/fanstoys-ft-05t-soar-red-swoop.html

Was going to pick him up had the dosh saved up and all and I spotted a cheap X Transbots Apollyon on one of the UK facebook groups so snapped him up

• Advertisement
Advertisement