Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi GDR 3120L needed (360 Phat)

• 25-05-2015 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

I've a 360 here stuck in an update loop. The update won't complete because it's looking for the original drive that belongs to the console. I've discovered since, that there's a BenQ in the console, that's spoofed as a Hitachi GDR3120L, and as such, the update won't complete.

Is there anyone out there with a spare one of these I might borrow? I'll need to dump the firmware on it, flash stock firmware to it with my consoles drive key, let the dash update complete, & then I can reflash whatever was on it back to it & hand it back to you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Specific Details of the drive needed (exact details may not need to match, I'm not too sure):

Hitachi GDR 3120L 0078
    Model - VAD6038 64930C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have one or too phat 360's but I don't know what drives are in them. One is deffo a Samsung I will have to check the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I checked and both are Samsung TS-H943

I checked and both are Samsung TS-H943

Not to worry, thanks for checking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I've no spare, I sold off all my consoles. Never came across a Hitachi drive except yours :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

i have a spare 1 here for ye if ye want

smliv wrote: »
    i have a spare 1 here for ye if ye want

Super nice of you, I'll pm you now :)

Advertisement