Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft m14 re-sale price

• 27-05-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just wondering on how much an ASG m14 would resell for. I understand if I was going to sell I'd need an exact fps count. Bought off MIA for 180 euro 6 months ago and only skirmished once. In mint condition. would be sold with 2 hi cap mags and a scope mount. Would I be able to make 160 back on this or is that too optimistic? Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd day 150 /140 sounds reasonable but it's a buyers market though.
    You could get offers of asking or lower .
    It's entirely up to you if you wish to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

From what I've seen you'd be lucky to get 50% back judging by the offers that people make.

Might get a better deal out of a trade

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jsmurff wrote: »
    From what I've seen you'd be lucky to get 50% back judging by the offers that people make.

People want a lot for nothing essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Gatling wrote: »
    People want a lot for nothing essentially.

Ah sure tis the Irish way…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Ah sure tis the Irish way…

Could also be said that we get alot less for more!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

is it the old wood look one or the plastic black one?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TomDelahunt

old wooden look not the socom, the long version too. The main reason i'd be selling is because it's too long and heavy for me to be using around my local sight :(

Im kinda intrested, Just the mags and scope mount are of little use to me as I already have 3 mags and the mount.... and no M14, mine died an unfortunate death, I do like the gun even length and all...... its the reason I got my slef a pistol, after I tried to storm a building with it one time and realised it was no use for that...

Im kinda intrested, Just the mags and scope mount are of little use to me as I already have 3 mags and the mount.... and no M14, mine died an unfortunate death, I do like the gun even length and all...... its the reason I got my slef a pistol, after I tried to storm a building with it one time and realised it was no use for that...
    I've decided I will be selling the m14, however I see no reason to keep the mags and scope mount without the gun.... I'd have no use for them, I will be making an advert shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Proper order to be honest.

The second hand market is loosing the run of itself. Sellers asking for way to much for their stuff, and buyers sometimes totally lowballing not appreciating what is on sale.

An ASG M14 is essentially a clone. Your selling a rifle that is low end. Like all airsoft guns, it suffers degradation as it's a mechanical item. The fact you say it was skirmished once is irrelevant. Being six months old is also irrelevant. Airsoft retailers still arn't providing what I'd consider proper warranties, and there is no comeback for the buyer. (Which is fair enough in a 2nd hand sale, but seller needs to appreciate this also).

€160 is ridiculously optimistic. Why would someone buy this off you, when they can go to a shop and buy a brand new one, with warranty, for €20 more?

€120 is a much more realistic starting point.

Second hand market really pissing me off lately. Been lucky to get a few decent people who were great to deal with, but seems to be an overwhelming majority of clueless teens offering garbage in trades or pure time wasting.

• Advertisement

Hahahaha cheers man! This is exactly why I posted this before making an advert, I have no clue about this type of stuff. Thanks for the help TheDoc!

send me a link to your advert when you do. my thinking is not what is the gun worth but what is a warranty worth to me if I Buy one new......

Advertisement