Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

cvs3

also if rose is gone I'm fuarked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nah man Dudley's all about the Elena now.

Imagine how annoying a character that was a cross between them would be...
    It'd be awesome! She'd be all punches AND all kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    Yes please :cool:
    SF4 is slow and no one has any issues with that?

SF4 isn't slow at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sairus wrote: »
    It'd be awesome! She'd be all punches AND all kicks.

She'd be kicks on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nutrient wrote: »
    SF4 isn't slow at all :pac:

aff.jpg
    She'd be kicks on top.

owwmykneecaps' wetdream :pac:

• Advertisement

Latest video on the SF facebook page shows some quick actual M Bison gameplay, looks a lot faster than the trailer since it's actual gameplay not done theatrically maybe? Anyway, scissor kick not knocking down? Looks like Charlie just kinda reeled backwards and didn't get knocked down . Although I doubt that's a thing since SK always knocks down (don't think it did in CE either?), just looks that way since the video happens to cut on that part.

Also, apparently Ono's latest tweet was hinting the next character to be revealed is "someone we haven't seen for a while", so highly likely it will be someone from the SF3 or Alpha cast, and not a new character or a SF4 character. Fingers crossed for A E G I S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

http://www.streetfighter.com/us/sfv

What do you think of cross platform play for PSN/PC. I will be amazed if they get this right. Nice idea in theory but will probably introduce a load of problems for the console versions. With all sorts of network cards and PC setups ranging from laptops to high end 4k machines I foresee the console version suffering. PSN and Capcom do not have the best record when it comes to lag. Great if it works. I read that Xbox is also going to have cross platform games when they launch Xbox live for PC.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

For those that don't know, SF5 will be playable at CEO for the first time.

Prepare for some real information to begin dribbling in at long last!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Ramza wrote: »
    Also, apparently Ono's latest tweet was hinting the next character to be revealed is "someone we haven't seen for a while", so highly likely it will be someone from the SF3 or Alpha cast, and not a new character or a SF4 character. Fingers crossed for A E G I S
    Please be Skullomania!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ed_james wrote: »
    Please be Skullomania!

It won't be unless Capcom have gotten a license from Arika...

• Advertisement

It won't be unless Capcom have gotten a license from Arika...

;( I wish they'd just get over it. Whatever "it" was. Probably some Japanese business suit mind games. I will keep my fingers crossed they all get along.

The main problem is that those characters are blatant rip-offs of other characters and Capcom will likely get sued if they try to use some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.streetfighter.com/us/sfv

What do you think of cross platform play for PSN/PC. I will be amazed if they get this right. Nice idea in theory but will probably introduce a load of problems for the console versions. With all sorts of network cards and PC setups ranging from laptops to high end 4k machines I foresee the console version suffering. PSN and Capcom do not have the best record when it comes to lag. Great if it works. I read that Xbox is also going to have cross platform games when they launch Xbox live for PC.

It'll be grand, just make sure you can run the game at 60fps.

If anything, consoles on Wi-Fi are the problem for lag.

The main problem is that those characters are blatant rip-offs of other characters and Capcom will likely get sued if they try to use some of them.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for some cell shaded skullo dream fridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It'll be grand, just make sure you can run the game at 60fps.

If anything, consoles on Wi-Fi are the problem for lag.

True but my experience of injustice, MK9 and USF4 on PC was not as good (being generous) as console. Can only imagine the same issues will happen cross platform. That's unless the fact that it is cross platform means that it will bring more focus and first party support to the PC version. It will be great if it works.

It will probably be like SFvT on the vita and will allow the person to choose PS4 only.

True but my experience of injustice, MK9 and USF4 on PC was not as good (being generous) as console. Can only imagine the same issues will happen cross platform. That's unless the fact that it is cross platform means that it will bring more focus and first party support to the PC version. It will be great if it works.

It will probably be like SFvT on the vita and will allow the person to choose PS4 only.

MK9 & Injustice just had terrible netcode, full stop (worse still on PC).

USF4 had a horrible transition going from GFWL to Steam netcode, but by most accounts (including mine) it's good now.

Please
    hokutosfex.jpg

I could absolutely picture Hakoto! Slapping teleports to the ground.

ed_james wrote: »
    I could absolutely picture Hakoto! Slapping teleports to the ground.
    Just no Nanase Billy Kane style nonsense :p

Turns out you still need a DS4 per player :-/

So looks like another developer who decided to feck up the Lab Zero driver.

For proof it works, here's Skullgirls' implementation:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Aye, one of the SG devs told me this was how they were implementing it a while ago. When LabZero were told that they tried to get them to do it like SG but apparently it was too late :/

Also it should be noted that Sony handled this port and driver implementation, not Capcom.

EDIT: Wait, what are we talking about. PS3 stick compatibility hasn't been confirmed for SFV yet. Only USF4.

Looks like SF5 has easy mode dial-a-combo style chains, at least judging by the latest vine showing Ryu's stats. Looks like he does mp>hp>hk, which could be a target combo but I'm just hoping it's not SFxT style chains.

Also Ryu's hands being charged with electricity is likely some sort of power up to his next special move (electric shoryu, guard crush fireball). At least that's my guess.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Did he get that chain in Omega? Seems they were testing a lot of stuff out in Omega.

VesperArcade breakdown of Bison

Yeah, omega was a beta-beta of sorts for SF5. AFAIK they also tested input buffers in Omega, 1f links are essentially 2fs and so forth. I think if they introduce that in SF5, it's gonna suck. 1/30 (2f) links are not hard, and 1fs are hard because they bring the most reward/damage, and people should be rewarded for training 1fs/landing them consistently. Toning down links isn't gonna do anything to attract more casual players. Not that that's a bad thing, but if Capcom continue down that route, the game will be over simplified and that's a bad thing, think of it as dilution. SF4 has done enough to attract casuals. Dumbing down links is gonna be ridiculous, SF4 spoiled us with plinking already as is. I sincerely hope they don't dumb down links, it's not like they're hard. Also no SFxT style chain combos plz :(

SF5 also needs more changes imo, get rid of DP shortcuts and severely tone down the input buffer for reversals, get rid of plinking, stuff like that. I just hope chain combos aren't a thing, they're more a mainstay of VS games and stuff. Although in Charlie's stat thingy it shows him doing a 3 hit target combo of sorts, so maybe it's something each character has one of? Here's to hoping.

Get rid of plinks & keep Omega's input buffers please.

Don't listen to dinosaurs like Ramza.

They might do something like the 3ds offering players to play with easy or master controls. Not as severe as the 3ds i hope.

Chains in SFxT are fine. They do less damage, give less meter and can only be cancelled out of by spending meter.

I definitely agree with reducing the input buffer (especially on reversals), and removing some input shortcuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I'm obviously not opposed to the implementation of buffered combos since I mainly play Tekken and Guilty Gear. Less needed practice of combos means more time can be spent playing opponents IRL and improving yourself as a player.

I'm sure there'll be some things for the execution demons of the game to find and make combo videos for.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Macal wrote: »
    I'm obviously not opposed to the implementation of buffered combos since I mainly play Tekken and Guilty Gear. Less needed practice of combos means more time can be spent playing opponents IRL and improving yourself as a player.

I'm sure there'll be some things for the execution demons of the game to find and make combo videos for.

Execution and practice is a part of improving as a player. The difference between holding your nerve and dropping combos is huge in street fighter and for me is part of the appeal as both a player and spectator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

blag wrote: »
    Execution and practice is a part of improving as a player. The difference between holding your nerve and dropping combos is huge in street fighter and for me is part of the appeal as both a plaeyer and spectator.

Agreed. Though personally I think combos have more focus as a requirement than I'd prefer.

Or maybe I'm just a lazy bullocks.

Advertisement