Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flaags from Portlaoise New track

• 20-05-2015 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Here's a demo track from a new band called Flaags from Portlaoise that I recorded at my Genius Move Studio in Tullamore.

www.facebook.com/geniusmovestudio

Drums are a Pearl Reference kit, that I didn't particularly like and a Pork Pie Snare that I did. The drums are one complete take apart from the intro kick which were dropped in after as samples . After a drum take I make samples to use in the mix or for this situation, where an arrangement changes.

Guitars are through a custom 18w Marshall copy through a Matamp 1 x 12 .

The guitar 'solo' is through that free 'Altar Boy' plugin .

I think there a good ole whack off the track .

https://soundcloud.com/paulbrewer/fading-away-flaags-mix-2

https://www.facebook.com/abandcalledflaags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

wouldnt be my cuppa tea musically but i agree with that snare sounding beautiful. as far as pop mixes go, its all there. forward vocals again arent my thing but fit the genre. i get a hint of that danish group alphabeat from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Nice big mix. Love the guitar panning / arrangement - lots of stuff going on to keep the listener interested.

I'd prefer to hear more tone from the toms and more kick in the main body of the song.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

I actually found the guitar panning gave a bit of imbalance to the arrangement in certain sections....found the ear drawn to the left cause there was nothing to balance it out on the right until the other guitar came in...I'd maybe have doubled the left part, and had it on the right too, but lower in the mix, just to make the imaging a bit less extreme, but that's a taste thing I guess.

Found the drums (snare aside) a bit wooly, but I reckon that's the Pearl Reference...the only one I've had on a session wasn't exactly the punchiest of kits. Vocals sit well, but the performance is a bit weak...

Advertisement