Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Athlone for the Summer

• 12-05-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey boardies,

I'm in my third (out of four) year in college doing software in Galway (GMIT).
    I am doing a three month internship with Ericsson in Athlone (June, July, August).
    I'm moving down for the few months and want a place close by work.
    Any recommendations on nice estates, areas to avoid and any general knowledge about Athlone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Avoid Willow________
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

As you will be in Ericsons, try the following for accommodation Retreat, Auburn Heights, Cartron Drive, Woodville, The Orchard, Ard na Glug, Cypress Gardens, Drumconn. These are all within cycling & walking distance of Ericsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    As you will be in Ericsons, try the following for accommodation Retreat, Auburn Heights, Cartron Drive, Woodville, The Orchard, Ard na Glug, Cypress Gardens, Drumconn. These are all within cycling & walking distance of Ericsons.

Cypress possibly cheapest, Woodville/Orchard probably best.

My opinion of course.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

flazio wrote: »
    Avoid Willow________
    That is all.

You'd want an Armoured Patrol Car and a Stab vest to life down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Woodville estate is very close to Ericsson. Another nice one in the town is Cityquarter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I'm also going to be doing an internship with them for the summer, so any general info about things to do in the town would be welcome too. :)

Advertisement