Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

3c9aea6f9bca5ff4d19cfb4e50d73f00.jpg?v=202200

Loving the dive flash kick thing from MvC2

Moonsault innit :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

rugalomega-9-entrance1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

J0hnick wrote: »
    Ireland has been ignored long enough in fighting games, we need an Irish character in Street Fighter, done in the most stereo typical/borderline racist way that only Capcom knows how (didn't Capcom say Dhalsims Yoga Flame came from eating Indian Curry ?).

Mickey from Snatch ?

2368341-brad_pitt_snatch_400.jpg

Conor Mcgregor ?

052014-1-UFC-Conor-McGregor-chips-OB-PI.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

I don't care who they get the inspiration from, I just want to see it. Tekken has had the Williams sisters since day 1, even Bushido Blade had an Irish character.

Sort of like Hakan? Instead of pouring oil on himself he'll take swigs of Guinness for a power boost?

I was happy with the Charlie video. Until the Bison reveal. To me Bison is like Bowser, Shao Khan, The Mishimas,and even Akuma. A character that can do with being out for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I was happy with the Charlie video. Until the Bison reveal. To me Bison is like Bowser, Shao Khan, The Mishimas,and even Akuma. A character that can do with being out for a long time.
    He may have a new design in this one. The way his cape hangs and moves in the preview at the end is quite different from previous capes, and may actually be a trenchcoat. If they did change his costume design, that may be why he's being revealed at the head of the line, and it'll probably allow them to reveal a fancy cinematic of Bison and Charlie interacting.

DooM and Azza are very happy about now I'd say! Glad to see Charlie(at least his remnants?) is back, always one of my favorite sf characters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah I've always had a soft spot for Charlie and tbh I quite like he's not just an SF4 Guile clone.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Street Fighter V: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIhWuF_5aE186GUFZzSfWVwGYBiDjJX4N

Vespers SFV breakdowns. They're amazing

Daigo has announced his retirement ;_;

http://www.freee.co.jp/special/umehara/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

D4RK ONION wrote: »

SFV was that disappointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Ahem, isn't it April 1st over in Japan? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ahem, isn't it April 1st over in Japan? :pac:

No, this is 100% authentic

rip beast

ITT

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

Ramza wrote: »
    ITT

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

Can you ITT for one person? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Can you ITT for one person? :P

:o

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I like the reveal being on a Tuesday!

Anywho's hope Capcom address his long standing weaknesses and give him some more wake up options! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Looks adequately different to be interesting, game still looks painfully slow though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Awwww, no stinger at the end? I am disappoint!

Old man Bison looks cool. Why can't they all be old? That's what most people want to see at this stage.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

blag wrote: »
    Looks adequately different to be interesting, game still looks painfully slow though.

There slowing the game down to match old man Cobelcogs slowing reaction time. As a result Street Fighter 6 due 2023 is actually penned in as a turn based strategy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Bison's dress looks cool.

• Advertisement

Street Fighter updating character designs? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I thought they gave up on that when they tried to give Akuma six or seven white hairs in SF3 and it was too much for them.
    I really like the coat. It's a neat way of giving him something close to a cape without causing a ton of animation problems.

Thoughts on the teaser:
    0:41 - The **** is he doing with a reflect? Please don't have removed Rose ;_;
    0:45 - I'm guessing Bison's install gives him juggle properties on stuff, judging from that slide to standing whatever. (Bison is on fire during the slide, which I'm assuming is his install visual effect)
    0:50 - He did an OTG with his stomp. I wonder is that a specific property of that Ex Sphere attack?
    Charlie and Bison still seem to have some beef, so I guess Bison was not the one who revived him?

EDIT: IGN has a fairly solid breakdown of the trailer: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/19/breaking-down-street-fighter-5s-m-bison-reveal-trailer

It's funny listening to one half of the video really knowing his stuff and the other guy just trying to sound relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Charlie and Bison still seem to have some beef, so I guess Bison was not the one who revived him?

Well the first thing people picked up on when he was teased was the forehead gem indicating he's linked to the Illuminati or whoever it was Gills lads were.

Well the first thing people picked up on when he was teased was the forehead gem indicating he's linked to the Illuminati or whoever it was Gills lads were.

I'd be quite hype for a storyline of Shadowloo vs Illuminati with the SF cast stuck in the middle...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd be hype for SFV having a decent story mode.

I'd be quite hype for a storyline of Shadowloo vs Illuminati with the SF cast stuck in the middle...
    Shadowloo: We want them for our super soldier program.
    Illuminati: No we want them.
    Shadowloo: Nahuh. We've been doing this for years.
    Illuminati: No, we have dibs.
    SIN: They all belong to SIN.
    Everyone: **** off SIN, everyone thinks you're lame.

Best story mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Shadowloo: We want them for our super soldier program.
    Illuminati: No we want them.
    Shadowloo: Nahuh. We've been doing this for years.
    Illuminati: No, we have dibs.
    SIN: They all belong to SIN.
    Everyone: **** off SIN, everyone thinks you're lame.

Best story mode.

Where does Dudleys car fit into all this though?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

That's where Rose is with the dudley babies in baby car seats. Won't be back till Guile's daughter is old enough to babysit.

ed_james wrote: »
    That's where Rose is with the dudley babies in baby car seats. Won't be back till Guile's daughter is old enough to babysit.

Nah man Dudley's all about the Elena now.

Imagine how annoying a character that was a cross between them would be...

Dudlena would be the greatest character of all time
    /swoon

• Advertisement

Yes please :cool:

Don't worry about the game looking slow or unpolished, the game looks different already from the last trailer, it's currently in development so criticising it at this point in time is next to pointless. I'm sure in a years time a lot will have changed :pac:

SF4 is slow and no one has any issues with that?

Advertisement