Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Large House/Castle for Party Rental?

• 12-05-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I know this is going to sound outrageous, but I'm wondering does anyone know anywhere around Ireland (Leinster preferably) that will allow me to rent their venue (House/Castle) in order to host a Party. Preferably seeking some sort of shell housing/castle with little to no interior so there would be nothing to damage, and not much rearrangement necessary.

I know this sounds outlandish, and "no one in their right mind would rent out their house for a party" but implore you for help, if you know of any such location.

I am aware there are function rooms in Hotels, and you can rent out clubs and pubs. I host events in such venues myself, the idea of this party is to do something that you wouldn't get any other weekend. The party won't be off the walls, or anything mimicking 'Project X'.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

In the west we have large raves in the fields, also their are a crew doing the rounds that will do raves on your farm marquee DJ etc. You need to own the land so as no problems with the Gardai, well when I say no problems I mean they cannot access the land with out paperwork and by then the party is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roughosing

I was hoping to host a party within a place, I know a field can be great craic, but to have it in a Castle or a House would be tops. I want to do something that hasn't really done among'st my group of Friends. We've been to and held House parties before, but to travel somewhere for a night, have great craic in a large house or a castle would be something you dont get to do every other weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

You could try get in touch with the guy who owns Glenart Castle in Wicklow (owns a furniture shop in Capel St I think)

They used to allow promoters to run massive raves down there about ten years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

woejus wrote: »
    You could try get in touch with the guy who owns Glenart Castle in Wicklow (owns a furniture shop in Capel St I think)

They used to allow promoters to run massive raves down there about ten years ago

Glenart is a no go, don't waste your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roughosing

So Glenart is a complete no go? I don't even care if it's mingy, if he'll have 100 people for a class party, I'm game.

If not, any other places that might come to mind?

• Advertisement
Advertisement