Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Lampoon’s Vacation (2015)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why mess with the classics!? :(;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That looks horrendous. I would say that all the funny parts were in the trailer, but nothing about the trailer was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

My God, that looks like poo.

Just generic toilet humour filled wankery. Helms has none of the charm and cheekiness of Chase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

It looks like it'll be mildly entertaining despite it being a terrible film. Not something to ever, ever revisit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,418 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ed Helms as Clark Griswald

No ,just No

Its written by the same guys who wrote the horribly/incredibly unfunny Horrible Bosses and the Incredible Burt Wonderstone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ed Helms as Clark Griswald

No ,just No

Its written by the same guys who wrote the horribly/incredibly unfunny Horrible Bosses and the Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Ed Helms is playing Randy Griswald, Clark's son.

Still looks awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

looks fantastic - about time it had a decent reboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Loughc wrote: »

I thought the sons name was Russ/Rusty?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No_Comply wrote: »
    I thought the sons name was Russ/Rusty?

Apologies, it is Rusty.

Loughc wrote: »

Sorry I phrased that poorly.

I should have said Ed Helms as Chevy Chase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

Sorry I phrased that poorly.

I should have said Ed Helms as Chevy Chase

but Chevy Chase is in it also !!!

s8n wrote: »
    but Chevy Chase is in it also !!!

I know that but he only has a brief cameo role as such.

Ed Helms is the main character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

What I'm really waiting for is the Fletch remake starring Kevin James.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dair76 wrote: »

I thought Zach Braff was doing this but now Jason Sudeikis seems to be attached

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Ed helms is playing rusty (clarks son) his wife played by Christina applegate. It's not so much a remake,but a revisit. rusty wants to go back to wally world just like his parents took him and Audrey back in 1983 in the original vacation. I'm interested to watch it as I like ed helm from the American office.
    Chevy chase and Beverly dangelo have cameos.

Dair76 wrote: »

c6da8a3317d9a2924472957cae72acd46ca4f33ea49181ea269fd94de10d99dc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

It looks a bit ropey, but then again, comedy remakes can make money as illustrated: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=comedyremake.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

New trailer out. I'm looking forward to this.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/vacation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Seen it tonight...

It's good but was a little disappointed tbh. Felt a little flat.
    There was lots of laughs for sure but not as many as I had hoped.
    Good to see Chevy but didn't think they used to him to great effect.

I'm going again with a few friends when it's on full release, be interested how it holds up to a second viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Only saw the original for the first time ever yesterday, thought it was brilliant, best comedy I seen in a long long time. So hard to see how this remake would come anywhere close. Original has a great feel good factor.

As for the woman in the red Ferrari, I thought the wife was better looking tbh (the original I'm talking about). The poster is class too, must get one framed for the wall. Is the European or Xmas one to the same standard? Can't talk highly enough about the original, watched it not expecting much, but loved it. Got about 4 of my mates to watch it too ( in their 30s), they loved it too, as did girlfriend haha, where none had heard of it before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^In my opinion Christmas Vacation is the best Christmas movie of all time! Def watch it.

^^^In my opinion Christmas Vacation is the best Christmas movie of all time! Def watch it.

Definitely will, gonna watch them all. What does National Lampoon mean? Few films have it? They all the same world? Like the Archie world and all the tie in stuff like Sabrina?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Definitely will, gonna watch them all. What does National Lampoon mean? Few films have it? They all the same world? Like the Archie world and all the tie in stuff like Sabrina?

National Lampoon was a comedy magazine that ran in the 70s and 80s. The movies were just by the same writers. I think some of the movies were inspired by some of the stories in the magazines.

National Lampoon was like a brand/production company.
    The original writers were from a magazine and they made a radio show after and then started making movies using the same actors from the radio.

So Van Wilder etc would be connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So Van Wilder etc would be connected?

Yeah although I’d say later stuff is nothing more than an attempt to use the brand to make some money.
    Vacation and animal house were probably the standard bearers for the brand.
    There was a show on how it came about on Netflix name escapes me but it was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

salmocab wrote: »
    Yeah although I’d say later stuff is nothing more than an attempt to use the brand to make some money.
    Vacation and animal house were probably the standard bearers for the brand.
    There was a show on how it came about on Netflix name escapes me but it was interesting.

There was a Netflix bio film about one of the national Lampoon founders - may be what you're thinking of - A Futile and Stupid Gesture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Futile_and_Stupid_Gesture_(film)

Advertisement