Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Options
  • 07-05-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?
    As previously reported, the show stars Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory/Heatwave), Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein/half of Firestorm), Caity Lotz, (Sara Lance/Canary on "Arrow," though the character died at the start of this current season) and franchise newcomers Ciara Renee (Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl), Franz Drameh (Jay Jackson) and Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter)
    The spinoff was ordered sight unseen — and has yet to film a pilot. The CW is expected to unveil a special trailer shot specifically for the upfronts.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/flasharrow-spinoff-gets-series-order-official-title

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Going from the plot could Vandal Savage be the immortal threat? Being ordered for a full season without a pilot is very good news

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I assume time travel will be used to bring
    Caity Lotz
    back?

Mr E wrote: »
    I assume time travel will be used to bring
    Caity Lotz
    back?

That's what I'm assuming. Maybe
    she is taken from sometime before she joined Arrow and is still a cold blooded assassin and once the series ends she is returned to the past with her memory erased

Also some of the cast will be appearing in the Flash season finale

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If we're going with time travel and Rip Hunter, we had better get Booster Gold.

Upfronts are next Thursday and there supposedly will be a 3 minute teaser.

Victor Garber (Martin Stein) said in a recent interview, "Yeah, I think it's going to be a very fun ride. I really honestly can't tell you much about it except it is completely new and it will involve a lot of interesting people. No. We haven't filmed any of it yet - but, it is going straight to series. We start filming in August and it will be on in January. Yes, it will be on the CW." This could mean that the show will be something like Agent Carter and run mid season giving Flash and Arrow a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A tight 13-16 episode season is always great to see... hopefully they keep it lean and mean with no filler. Works really well for The 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    A tight 13-16 episode season is always great to see... hopefully they keep it lean and mean with no filler. Works really well for The 100.

Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the CW shows move to the 13-16 episode format next season, like The 100 and iZombie did this season, as their schedule is getting fairly jam-packed (the downside to being one of the few US networks producing quality programmes)...

I'd like to see this, Arrow, The Flash, Supernatural, The 100 and iZombie all get 16 episodes a piece which will allow for better quality storylines and eliminate all those tedious breaks...

Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the CW shows move to the 13-16 episode format next season, like The 100 and iZombie did this season, as their schedule is getting fairly jam-packed (the downside to being one of the few US networks producing quality programmes)...

I'd like to see this, Arrow, The Flash, Supernatural, The 100 and iZombie all get 16 episodes a piece which will allow for better quality storylines and eliminate all those tedious breaks...

Yeah a 16 episode season for Arrow and Flash would be better. Have the first 8 episodes until December and then have Legends start in January with the other 2 shows taking a 2 month break. One thing though, would it not be better having all 3 shows on the one night instead of 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah a 16 episode season for Arrow and Flash would be better. Have the first 8 episodes until December and then have Legends start in January with the other 2 shows taking a 2 month break. One thing though, would it not be better having all 3 shows on the one night instead of 2?

Wouldn't be possible to have them on the same night, even if it would be ideal. The CW only has 2 hours Monday - Friday, between 8-10pm... The way US Network TV works is really weird, it's not like say Channel 4 over here, where there's new original programming almost constantly.

The CW only has 10 hours a week to put these shows on, because it doesn't even have the weekends like the other networks do. And then because Arrow and The Flash are two of the best rated shows on the network they put them on separate nights to boost the ratings for whatever show is following them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This will be great.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be possible to have them on the same night, even if it would be ideal. The CW only has 2 hours Monday - Friday, between 8-10pm... The way US Network TV works is really weird, it's not like say Channel 4 over here, where there's new original programming almost constantly.

The CW only has 10 hours a week to put these shows on, because it doesn't even have the weekends like the other networks do. And then because Arrow and The Flash are two of the best rated shows on the network they put them on separate nights to boost the ratings for whatever show is following them.

Never realised that, just checked the CW tv schedule and you're right about the 2 hours everyday. It will be interesting to see what show they will pair this up with

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow how did I miss the thread :o

Is Caity Lotz defo playing Sarah Lance/Canary V1 again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I know he isn't announced, but I'd bet money that Roy shows up in this. In several of his scenes with Thea this week, the Atom theme music was playing over them, which I'm guessing will be the theme for this show (similar to how the Flash theme played when Barry first showed up in Arrow).

When his departure was announced I think they mentioned that he will pop up in Flash and legends of tomorrow.

CE-uVLyUMAAdwVZ.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder is this going to be set in alternate reality/parallel universe or the future hence the title name.

I wonder is this going to be set in alternate reality/parallel universe or the future hence the title name.

I think it going to be primarily set in the present but some characters (Sara) are from a different time period. Characters from Flash and Arrow will appear and there will be some time travel.

Also it has been confirmed that Caity Lotz is playing White Canary and the show will launch in January or February.

“They will go back and forth into the future and into the past” - The CW’s Mark Pedowitz on the LegendsOfTomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is that Rip, Hawkgirl, Stein, Canary, ATOM, Cold and Heatwave? Strange having half of Firestorm and a white canary. Maybe before she got the black outfit

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is that Rip, Hawkgirl, Stein, Canary, ATOM, Cold and Heatwave? Strange having half of Firestorm and a white canary. Maybe before she got the black outfit

The trailer that will be released later on today will reveal the White Canary's connection to Sara lance. And that could be a Martin Stein from before he became FireStorm or he gets replaced with Jason Rusch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I hate time travel. It's such a lazy story telling device. There have been a few instances in shows of it working.....occasionally its done well but most of the time it just becomes a complete mess.

I'll give it a chance though.

• Advertisement

It's been confirmed that vandal savage is the big bad and sara is back via Lazarus pit and also includes Hawkgirl flying and The Atom shrinking

CE-sr3wWEAAr3yv.jpg

*Please note that there is a spoiler in relation to the Arrow Season 3 finale in the first video

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That first look gives away Ray's cliffhanger in the Arrow season finale.

That first look gives away Ray's cliffhanger in the Arrow season finale.

I will put a note in the post about spoilers in relation to Arrow Season finale

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

THAT LOOKS AMAZING. Can't believe we're finally getting the real Atom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I'd bet that Damian Darhk is the one who brought Sara back.

GodlessM wrote: »
    I'd bet that Damian Darhk is the one who brought Sara back.

Going from what happened at the end of the Arrow finale
    I'd guess that Malcolm (new Ra'As Al Ghul) revives her to appease Nyssa

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

with regards the last few comments
    didnt they say you could only resurrect someone for so long sarah could be decomposing by now.

nerd69 wrote: »
    with regards the last few comments
    didnt they say you could only resurrect someone for so long sarah could be decomposing by now.
    She was dead for several months so she probably wouldn't have decomposed as much but was probably in the pit for a much longer time than Thea, who was in for only a few minutes after being dead for at least a day. There will probably be serious repercussions for being in the pit for so long which could affect her personality

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

She was dead for several months so she probably wouldn't have decomposed as much but was probably in the pit for a much longer time than Thea, who was in for only a few minutes after being dead for at least a day. There will probably be serious repercussions for being in the pit for so long which could affect her personality
    but didn't they say in arrow at one point that someone could only be saved for a relatively small period after there death

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    but didn't they say in arrow at one point that someone could only be saved for a relatively small period after there death
    Unless
    Rip Hunter takes her body right after being buried and brings it to the present where Malcolm allows him to use the pit to revive her

Advertisement