Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordering a Pistol..Asia...is it worth the risk?.

Options
  • 15-02-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

So seen a pistol that has taken my fancy on tigerhk111 shoots at 290-300fps advertised! Should I bite the bullet and order from them?. Am a big preacher of supporting local retailers but I'd save a bit on it.

Any experiences with the above mentioned retailer?.

And do many on here order pistols from Asia without customs hassle?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Well I would always go the route of asking a local shop to order it in from places over-seas because:

A) The shop will tend to have better chance to get a gun in without customs getting involved much.

B) They will have a better chance to try source it from places that are cheaper if they can find it, and get information from other shops and wholesalers about stock levels, estimated re-stock times, etc.

C) If something goes wrong, then all you will lose is the deposit of 20-30 percent of the total cost. (That's how I've been dealing with shops so far.) If you order it yourself, you risk losing everything.

D) A small fee for all of this is wholely acceptable, and still supports local shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

I would also rather shop 'local', but when savings are involved.....;)

I bought a TM Glock AEP and a couple of magazines last year from echigoya, after getting quotes from Irish retailers for nearly €50 more.

For some reason, it was delivered to my door by the courier, with no further charges...so I saved even more than I had calculated :D (I had ordered some other bits from eHobbyAsia at the same time and courier called for import charge prior to delivery).

Both sites had very good service, communication and tracking/delivery information, so I would certainly use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I would say the fps is actually closer to 280 if it gets here as asian sites usually test in 24+degrees c so fps isnt a bother.

tiger actually has quite allot of US based customers or so i can tell from forums and nobody had any nightmare scenarios with them everything arrived in one piece there was the odd complaint that an order took a week longer than it should have but that's to be expected.

Tbh its a risk (sort of) your just going to have to take the leap and chance it, I would. I would only contact a store here if the fps was insanely high and required downgrading.
    Adzski wrote: »
    I bought a TM Glock AEP and a couple of magazines last year from echigoya, after getting quotes from Irish retailers for nearly €50 more.

Sometimes shops here cant just get one of something they will likely have to get a batch which is probably why you got a quote for €50 more then what it cost you. But would you have still saved €50 if you actually paid tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Sometimes shops here cant just get one of something they will likely have to get a batch which is probably why you got a quote for €50 more then what it cost you. But would you have still saved €50 if you actually paid tax?

True, but then it makes more sense shopping online for those individual 'wants' ;)

I used the Duty Calculator to estimate tax, which worked out approx. €50 cheaper overall.
    Not sure exactly how accurate that was though, as without the import duty, I actually paid €65 less than the lowest quote from an Irish retailer.
    Massive saving on a relatively low cost purchase.

Oh absolutely your better off ordering elsewhere instead of paying more only to wait longer and stick a retailer with a bunch of items that they aren't likely to sell for a long time. Allot of stuff Iam looking at the mo isn't available here so will likely have to take this chance myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Thanks for the replies all, again as I said am all for supporting local business but I stand to save 65euro on this, local business or not 65euro is 65euro. You could argue that I also stand to lose 150euro buuut going by the reviews of what am after have yet to see one fire above 300fps with most of the reviews being in the USA.

• Site Banned Posts: 40 shooterjay

i had one from china taken on me last week. stil trying to contact customs

shooterjay wrote: »
    i had one from china taken on me last week. stil trying to contact customs

Well after alot of back and forth from the company they shipped the pistol, took less than a week, they disasembled it and shipped it in two packages, one passed customs straight away the other took a day to clear but arrived safe n sound!!

How did they disassemble it? Did they just separate the slide from the lower grip or did they brake it down to its base components?

How did they disassemble it? Did they just separate the slide from the lower grip or did they brake it down to its base components?

Yeah they just separated the slide, and staggered the post by one day.

• Advertisement

Yeah they just separated the slide, and staggered the post by one day.

Cool if they had to break it down to its base components I woul just order it from inside the EU and paid the extra bit lol

Cool if they had to break it down to its base components I woul just order it from inside the EU and paid the extra bit lol

Could not find the pistol in the EU that was cheap, cheapest was 110-120euro not includin shipping, this was 88usd on Tiger111HK. Disassembly fee was 14usd. The would have shipped it airmail at no extra cost but i upgraded to express shipping so i had to pay express for two parcels, a little bit extra but for that price I jumped at the chance to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuj90

Adzski wrote: »
    I would also rather shop 'local', but when savings are involved.....;)

For some reason, it was delivered to my door by the courier, with no further charges...so I saved even more than I had calculated :D (I had ordered some other bits from eHobbyAsia at the same time and courier called for import charge prior to delivery).

Both sites had very good service, communication and tracking/delivery information, so I would certainly use them again.

Have u ordered since

I'm about to order a tm hk417 but want to make sure it arrives here ... any suggestions ,?

Thanks

Advertisement