Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

On the e-cigerettes

• 28-03-2015 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

On the e-cigs a week now and haven't smoked, how long does it take before you're not gagging for a proper smoke ? it's fecking torture lads

21/25

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Newoak

uch wrote: »
    On the e-cigs a week now and haven't smoked, how long does it take before you're not gagging for a proper smoke ? it's fecking torture lads

Hmm I have been on the e cig for 2 weeks now and after I started using the ecig I didnt want to smoke cigs anymore. Thats the whole idea a complete replacement with the joy of vaping instead of smoking.

What type of ecig are you using?

And what strength of e liquid are you using?

Some of the greats advantages I found of Vaping

No standing out in the cold, freezing my balls off.

Cheap so cheap about 10 euro if that a week instead of 80 euro for cigs (much cheaper when i start buying e juice online.

No smell of cigs and no more yellow fingers

I COULD GO ON...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GeorgeSlate

Well they worked for me! You might have to have a higher nicotine level! Good luck man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ToddUmptious

I'm off the cigs 3 days now and the cravings are really starting to kick.

First time in 10 years I've tried to give up and I'm wondering should I keep going cold turkey or if e-cigs/Nicorette are the way to go??

uch is right - this is torture!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think ye need to up the nicotine level lads.
    Shouldn't be craving that much if ye are getting enough nicotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GeorgeSlate

24mg I suggest! Contact an e cig company they might be able to advise you!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice guys, Well its been 9 days now and happy to say still off the cigarettes. Tried to go cold turkey for the first few days but found it too hard so took your advice and bought my first e-cig.

I ordered some e-juice with a deal I found online. 2 of them 24mg and 2 of them 18mg. Using it for the past 3 days - taste isn't great with the stronger dose and leaves me coughing afterwards but 18mg isn't too bad

Still find it difficult sleeping at night and I'm eating more and more but I heard that was normal enough??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Newoak

Yea for someone that smokes 20 a day of silkcult or johnplayer etc get the 18mg liquid. Only very heavy smokers need 24 mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lads thanks for advice and encouragement, I'm 4 weeks off the smokes today, cravings have all but disappeared, cough is easing, things are looking good so far.

21/25

Fair play mate, are you still on the ecigs or have you packed them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Fair play mate, are you still on the ecigs or have you packed them in?

Nah still on them, think I could be on them a while, I tried dropping the strength last week and it almost tipped me over the edge, so I went back to first strength and I'm grand again

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement