Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Cedric87 wrote: »
    That's great Id do Friday night and Sunday match days.

Pearse and store street are handy for me to get to on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Oh lucky you Id say you'll be kept busy with all them farmers.
    Id love to get pearse street or store street in town for the night shifts on a Friday/ Saturday night. To bad you can't do two shifts in the one weekend because Id definitely do two if I could.

Big district to drive around :-) should be interesting

Big district to drive around :-) should be interesting

I'm all for the action, temple bar on a Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

When your in Templemore!
    You will be asked to write down two stations of choice...hopefully you get one of them!

When your in Templemore!
    You will be asked to write down two stations of choice...hopefully you get one of them!

Id like pearse street because it's the busiest so Id imagine there would always be shifts going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I work in Dublin but live in Mullingar.

Could I pick Mullingar and a station near my job?

Would make it easier I suppose to choose a station near my job!

Id highly doubt that mate it would be one or the other Id imagine.

When you are asigned your station, it will take time to intergrte into your unit, units are A, B,C, D, E. Ten hour shifts Or what ever you can give. Also St Raphaels have an APP on the APP store for your days on and off etc etc.... It's free!

When you are asigned your station, it will take time to intergrte into your unit, units are A, B,C, D, E. Ten hour shifts Or what ever you can give. Also St Raphaels have an APP on the APP store for your days on and off etc etc.... It's free!

Is each unit on different shifts is that how they are broken down.?

Is each unit on different shifts is that how they are broken down.?

There is some units that cross over with other units.. Try and stay working with your unit that your attached to... But you can transfare over to another unit if things don't work out! Etc etc...

• Advertisement

There is some units that cross over with other units.. Try and stay working with your unit that your attached to... But you can transfare over to another unit if things don't work out! Etc etc...

I see are reserves assigned to a unit such as traffic corp or just the normal beat patrol ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Cedric87 wrote:
    I see are reserves assigned to a unit such as traffic corp or just the normal beat patrol ?

Think its just beat patrol?

On another point , has any1 herd anything back on there exemption application ? Its been weeks since I sent mean off .

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Think its just beat patrol?

Yeah that's what I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

I was in c country town, got bored and moved to Pearse St, omg all the walking, the cobbles in Temple bar are so hard on your feet, and yes it was busy, but you never get in a car, just walk walk walk...

I was in c country town, got bored and moved to Pearse St, omg all the walking, the cobbles in Temple bar are so hard on your feet, and yes it was busy, but you never get in a car, just walk walk walk...

Haha I walk all day in boots in my job ( not on cobbles though) that's a shame Id like to do a few patrols in the squad car.

Where ever your needed you go.
    MAT checkpoints
    Drug searches.
    Station duty.
    Observer in the patrol car.
    On the beat..
    Depending what's going on that day! And who needs you the most or not!! Yes you can be with Traffic or drugs unit or regular assignments...

Where ever your needed you go.
    MAT checkpoints
    Drug searches.
    Station duty.
    Observer in the patrol car.
    On the beat..
    Depending what's going on that day! And who needs you the most or not!! Yes you can be with Traffic or drugs unit or regular assignments...

Are you a serving reserve ?
    I really couldn't see what use Id be to the drug unit as a reserve.

Are you a serving reserve ?
    I really couldn't see what use Id be to the drug unit as a reserve.

Yes Six Years.
    Regarding Drugs units, if you have two hands...you can search what ever needs searching mostly properties along with your own unit as back up.. Etc etc

Yes Six Years.
    Regarding Drugs units, if you have two hands...you can search what ever needs searching mostly properties along with your own unit as back up.. Etc etc

Id imagine I wouldn't be assigned to that unit if I get pearse street, Id be just out on the beat. It sound very interesting however.
    Are you dublin based ?

• Advertisement

Where ever your needed you go. MAT checkpoints Drug searches. Station duty. Observer in the patrol car. On the beat.. Depending what's going on that day! And who needs you the most or not!! Yes you can be with Traffic or drugs unit or regular assignments...

Some good info , thanks :D

Some good info , thanks :D

Yeah gets Ya excited alright. Still no word runner on your forms no ?

Not yet man, you see they are going changing the GR uniform

Not yet man, you see they are going changing the GR uniform

I can't see them doing that, it would just make people walk all over us.
    Where did you hear that ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    I can't see them doing that, it would just make people walk all over us. Where did you hear that ?

Motion is passed man. ,its going to happen , a tread started up on this with links

Motion is passed man. ,its going to happen , a tread started up on this with links

It's ridiculous, it better not be major changes I don't mind a different colour hat but a full change would be a joke.

We are adentified by GR on our shoulders that's enough..

Cedric87 wrote:
    It's ridiculous, it better not be major changes I don't mind a different colour hat but a full change would be a joke.

Can't see it being big ,will be Garda Reserve on the jacket or a blue epaulette ? They cant change shirts ,vest ,pants,ties etc would cost way to much, has to small like hat,jacket badge,epaulettes

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

We are adentified by GR on our shoulders that's enough..

That means nothing to the vast majority of members of the public.

• Advertisement

Bloodwing wrote:
    That means nothing to the vast majority of members of the public.

What you suggest?

Advertisement