Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TEACHING jobs in ENGLAND and Agencies!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just to add to Afroshack's post, from my own personal experience of teaching over here it is not all negative. Yes it is not perfect, but what education system is?

There are a lot of positives to take from developing your classroom skills, although there is quite a bit of emphasis placed on marking, but once more confident with your subject content you can accommodate marking expectations.

Just to touch on the topic of value added. It is based (or most of the systems used) on adaptive tests developed by Durham University. Do I think measuring teacher performance on value added is misguided? Yes, as there are just too many variables involved. I do like that it allows for some baseline data to work with however.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Just wondering do any of ye know whether Irish trained teachers have to complete the skills tests for UK teachers before taking up a job in the UK?

I'm an nqt applying directly to schools and was asked about this and honestly don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lulufinn90

Im teaching in the UK 2 years and never had to. If you teach maths and are interested in a postition PM me as my school are hiring. its a decent school in an affluent area in kent

Advertisement