Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WE or TM

• 22-04-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a sig 226 and can we both WE and TM sell them and there's about 30 in the difference.

If I recall TM are pretty good as a brand, very reliable and their GBBs work well in Irish temps. Is that still the case? Anyone have their 226?

What about the WE brand how do they measure up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Faolchu wrote: »
    Looking at getting a sig 226 and can we both WE and TM sell them and there's about 30 in the difference.

If I recall TM are pretty good as a brand, very reliable and their GBBs work well in Irish temps. Is that still the case? Anyone have their 226?

What about the WE brand how do they measure up?

Marui is marui, WE is a copy albeit in metal which is the appeal for many and like that am not a fan really of plastic pistols, but far as reliabily goes if thats one of main selling points for you hands down the marui.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

There is pretty much *no* comparison between Marui and about ANY other pistol manufacturer in a like-for-like comparison when it comes to performance. TM pistols have magical pixie dust inside them or something; they just keep on working and working accurately. There is a reason why TM is still a market leader after all these years.

The only factors where other manufacturers may have a plus for the individual player is those wanting "full metal" (which is not all its cracked up to be in our climate), CO2, or pistols that just aren't made by TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

KJW also do a 226 and i think they would generally be regarded as a better brand than WE. But if the difference is 30 i would definitely go for the TM. Just for mag reliability on its own is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Thanks guys TM it is so

Advertisement