Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer: Total War

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First trailer is out now. It's pretty cool, but looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Some more info from CA include that its the first in a trilogy, and the presence of Karl Franz in that battle indicates its at the start of the End Times storyline GW are currently tying up Warhammer Fantasy with. If so
    this game will probably be set mainly on the Old World continent, games 2 and 3 will probably deal with the war on Ulthuan between the High and Dark Elves and the fight between Skaven and Lizardmen in Lustria

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Only just heard about this, its a new Shadow of the Horned Rat or Dark Omen :D

Oh my God I hope they massively boost the RPG elements from Dark Crusade for this, that was one of my favourite bits of that game, upgrading the commanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Must say i am really looking forward to this. Its just the breath of fresh air the total war series needs.

Its like one of the games people fantasise about but never get made, imagine if the Total War team made a Warhammer game, but its actually coming! Pity its not 40k though but I suppose a Total war game does need melee and cavalry as its main units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Happy the vampires were added, can't wait to see who else via dlc and sequel which hopefully with continue the 40k reluc model of adding to the original rather than fully replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Thargor wrote: »
    Pity its not 40k though but I suppose a Total war game does need melee and cavalry as its main units.

could be the next iteration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

"Our rules have changed"....

Just a generic soundbite or are they going to change core mechanics? Please, speculate wildly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hopefully it's just the transition from historical to fantasy that's referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Dair76 wrote: »
    "Our rules have changed"....

Just a generic soundbite or are they going to change core mechanics? Please, speculate wildly! :pac:

Well unless the armies take turns moving all their units on the tactical map...

• Advertisement

I had a horrible thought, what if..

What if it's an MMO? :eek:

With a SUBSCRIPTION!

I had a horrible thought, what if..

What if it's an MMO? :eek:

With a SUBSCRIPTION!

Nah, F2P and 2/Euro per wargear pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

mobile phone game

8hrs to train a new orc boar rider etc

Wossack wrote: »
    mobile phone game

8hrs to train a new orc boar rider etc

I'd probably play that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Now the wait for gameplay footage begins.

What i look forward to seeing is what they do with the General abilities and area effects from the other games. As much as i love total war, the battles havent actually changed too much in all the years, this is the chance for them to do something different.

some more news and some screenies today, there's an early alpha demo (that's what they're showcasing)- but the game is still heavily in development

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/total_war_warhammer/b/pc/archive/2015/06/04/total-war-warhammer-shows-off-its-epic-battles.aspx

Here's a Eurogamer interview with some CA types. No footage, but they did confirm that there's another team working on another as yet unknown TW game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

What does everyone else think of this?

I still cant believe they're making this tbh, its one of the games you dream gets made but never happens. Wonder if 40k will be next?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thargor wrote: »
    I still cant believe they're making this tbh, its one of the games you dream gets made but never happens. Wonder if 40k will be next?

There's going to be years of dlc for the vast number of easily sellable factions and they'll still have their historic games as well so i don't think so.

Don't think 40k would suit it, even on the table top it's closer to the relics games.

• Advertisement

First glimpse of the Demigryphs. No gameplay footage today, but Friday will see the release of the first in-engine trailer. Woo!

Varik wrote: »
    There's going to be years of dlc for the vast number of easily sellable factions and they'll still have their historic games as well so i don't think so.

Don't think 40k would suit it, even on the table top it's closer to the relics games.

Age of Sigmar looks perfect for a DOW II reskinning. :(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

As excited as I am about the idea of fantasy Total War, I really don't like what they've done with the last few games, so I find it hard to be excited, regardless of the setting. I maintain that Rome 2 was a total, buggy, unfun disaster of a game, and remains so despite patching.

So, eh, I'll look out for reviews?

Zillah wrote: »
    As excited as I am about the idea of fantasy Total War, I really don't like what they've done with the last few games, so I find it hard to be excited, regardless of the setting. I maintain that Rome 2 was a total, buggy, unfun disaster of a game, and remains so despite patching.

So, eh, I'll look out for reviews?

Shogun 2 was quality. Rome 2 and Atilla are tough to get into tbh, but Atilla is actually pretty decent in comparison. I agree with ye overall though, i'm not sure about this as a direction, as much as i'm looking forward to it i'm dreading it being a dire bugged mess like every TW game ever released since sega took over

But ye know what, i'll end up buying into the hype and preordering it anyway, and probably come on here to bitch and moan about it after an hour of actually playing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

It's the extra £30 worth of DLC that puts me off tw games nowadays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1st in game trailer. Looks ****ing amazing :)

Hmmm, I think theres going to be a very big difference between this in-engine trailer and the eventual in-game trailers, they pushed it too far into the realm of unbelievable here, its too perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

savage stuff

Possible Witcher style RPG with you playing an Inquisitor on the way aswell:

http://www.pcgamer.com/warhammer-40000-inquisitor-martyr-announced/

• Advertisement

Certainly is an impressive video, and i'm being cynical here, but the Rome II pre release videos were really impressive too, if they manage to meld it all together with a good solid release or even one that's not so buggy it breaks the immersion of the game (which is what TW is all about for me really) i'll be even more impressed.

Any word of a release date? Coming soon is too vague :D

Advertisement