Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Past Life Regression

• 15-04-2006 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a past life regression done? I'm in the Dublin area and have only been able to find one in Galway.

Can anyone help me as I'm really keen to get one done.

Thanks
    Lorri_L

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I know a guy doing it somewhere near Heuston Station I think, I'll see if I can get hold of his contact details. I haven't really done regression with him, but he's a very genuine decent guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

That would be brilliant if you could. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Be carefull when looking to undergo this.
    A lot of the things that you do remember from past lives can be rather tramatic.
    Living a pleasant quiet life is unlikely to leave a huge impression on your soul,
    so what you recall may be rather unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

I agree, this throws up some horrible stuff for a lot of people. I tend to think that if we were meant to remember it we would. Some people do have past life memories or strong deja vu when they visit certain places or be convinced they know people they have never met (myself being one - deja vu experience at Arundel monastery in England). I think it might be useful to use regression if you already have these experiences and need to get a handle on what it's about, otherwise it's a potential Pandora's box i.e. better left unopened!

http://www.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

The holistic centre in Raheny does it (beside supervalu), I got it done. Cost €150 - well worth it. For me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Try a Barbara Brennan Healer, you'll get a list at www.barbarabrennan.com . They're trained to do past life progressions and to deal with what ever happens to arise from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

There's a place in Waterford www.cottageretreat.net .A relative of mine had Pat do a house clearance for her & found him to be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Lorri L-
    Any luck with your life regression sessions? I used to do them on people until a Korean Mahayana Buddhist Master advised me to stop. I had gone to him for advise, because people were going through tremedeously traumatic experiences, which they were grateful for, but afterwards their identifications and often their victimhood and depressions increased. Not only were they upset about their fathers molesting them, for example, in this lifetime but even more upset about having been raped in wars or sacrificed on Mayan altars. Then they became very much identified with their new found histories, experiences, etc. It was all interesting, fascinating, but served no purpose and often was counter productive, if not harmful in some cases.

Master Bo-In-Lee then explained to me, as far as pastlife time experiences go, we all have experienced everything we can imagine. Ever since then I see everyone around me as "me in another life time" - and I help them.
    On a good day, even my "enemies".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

I would say see for yourself. I asked on here way back and got different opinions and therefore read alot about it before doing it. I found it answered alot of questions and basically uncovered alot of stuff I already knew but clarified which life it related to etc.... basically it just put all the pieces of the jigsaw together. One lesson I learned from it was life saving/changing - well worth doing in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Thaedydal wrote:
    A lot of the things that you do remember from past lives can be rather tramatic.
    Living a pleasant quiet life is unlikely to leave a huge impression on your soul,

I did pastlife regression and when done by a responsible medium you can "go in" as an observer and whatever happens won´t get to you and affect you that much. "House of astrology" just off Dame Street offers past life regression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RichardRobbins

There's a guy at castle mill medical centre in balbriggan, co. dublin. www.ssahl.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Past life regression can be an amazing and terrifying thing.

When studying soul retrival we regressed into our pasts to retrive parts of our souls that we had lost due to traumatic events.

It was enlightening and uplifting but it has stayed with me since.

As practitioners we were taught how to do soul retrivals but only after many hours work with clients to ensure they were in a stable emotional place where they could deal with events like this.

I would advise seeing somebody on an ongoing basis like a Shamanic Practitioner or other spiritual counseller that will eventually help you reach back to places in your past that you wish to reach and that will see yoiu afterwards to deal with everything it brought up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harry long legs

I was regressed by a guy in Claremorris co Mayo the first session i had was rgeat although nothing traumatic happened in fact the two lives i visited were pretty mundane ordinary lives. But the second session i had uncovered some pretty traumatic events of war and although i remember seeing and hearing the events the regressionist made sure that i did not feel the full hit of the traumatic events. It was very very weird watching and experiencing all this stuff going on around me and yet being pretty much unattached to it, kinda like an out of body experience.

When the regression was over he explained to me that he made a suggestion that i would not bring back with me anything that i did not want to bring back and that i would leave any unwanted feelings behind and bring only those memories with me that i wanted too.

i met him at a fair and we had a great chat and he said he would show me how to regress myself and i have being doing it for myself ever since although the full emersion is kinda lost a little.

All in all its well worth a session, but with a reputable regressionist.

Hope thats useful to some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

A friend of mine had it done in that place in Raheny- The Walmer Clinic. They have a website too.

It goes on for two hours and you get a tape recording of it too, all for a hundred and fifty quid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Thaedydal wrote: »

Definately.

Be prepared OP if you do go ahead with it. I had it done a few years ago and it was an amazing experience but everything is very vivid and if the content is traumatic you will feel a little bit of shock afterwards. Overall it's a great experience. I'm not sure where the people I did mine with are practising now but if I recall correctly, they are based in Co. Meath somewhere.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sue-Ellen

Hi, I do past life regressions in Dublin, but I take great care that nobody is negatively affected by what they remember. I heal the past life memories with the person, after they remember a particular life and it's a very healing process for the present as well as the past. I try to make it an enjoyable experience, regardless of what comes up.
    Incidentally, I haven't come across anyone famous yet, but they must be out there somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

This Past-Life Regression stuff looks really interesting!

However, I was reading the wikipedia page on it, and it had a few caveats like
    Examinations of three cases of apparent past life regression (Bridey Murphy, Jane Evans and an unnamed English woman) revealed memories that were superficially convincing. However, investigation by experts in the languages used and historical periods described revealed flaws in all three patients' recall. The evidence included speech patterns that were "...used by movie makers and writers to convey the flavour of 16th century English speech" rather than actual old English, a date that was inaccurate but was the same as a recognized printing error in historical pamphlets, and a subject that reported historically accurate information from the Roman era that was identical to information found in a 1947 novel set in the same time as the individual's memories, with the same name reported by the person regressed. Other details cited are common knowledge and not evidence of the factual nature of the memories; subjects asked to provide historical information that would allow checking provided only vague responses that did not allow for verification, and sometimes were unable to provide critical details that would have been common knowledge (i.e. a subject who was unable to provide the name of the Emperor of Japan during the 1940s despite describing a life of a Japanese fighter pilot during World War II).[15]

Just curious about this, a question to the people who've had this done, as well as to the practitioners or facilitators or what ever they're called, basically the people that help you have these experiences. How do you make sure that these "past-memories" are actually past memories and not just creations of the mind?

Not saying I disbelieve the claims here or anything, I'd be lying if I said I did believe them, but I want to keep an open mind about everything! Just wouldn't want to have this done, and uncover a memory that was merely a product of my own imagination, especially if it's going to cost me in the hundreds! Anyone here ever tried to verify their past-life experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭starchild

i had past life regression done about 2 months ago in Dublin, it was excellent, i did wonder if it would be my imagination creating the recollections but i really dont think it was. The events and my role in them really resonated with me and i believe them to have occurred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

I've always been interested in this.
    Please dont take this in any sort of negative way but I'm wondering about peoples motivations for doing it?
    Is it something ye felt compelled to do or ?

• Advertisement

I've always been interested in this.
    Please dont take this in any sort of negative way but I'm wondering about peoples motivations for doing it?
    Is it something ye felt compelled to do or ?

For me it was something that just kept coming up, either in conversations with others, if i was reading a book it seemed to be in it and then one day i was in dublin,i passed a shop and there was a sign for it so i thought i may as well give this a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

starchild wrote: »
    For me it was something that just kept coming up, either in conversations with others, if i was reading a book it seemed to be in it and then one day i was in dublin,i passed a shop and there was a sign for it so i thought i may as well give this a go.

What happened? could you give me some feedback and what to expect coming out from it?

mysterious wrote: »
    What happened? could you give me some feedback and what to expect coming out from it?

Ill try describe for you, basically i was put into a light hypnotic trance where the person regressing me encouraged me to re enter my past lives. Its important i guess to know that at no stage was any idea of a life suggested, i was just asked to describe what i was seeing.

as regards what i see i saw myself in 4 different lives, two as an adult male, one as a female adult and one as a female child. It was a lovely experience for me as it confirmed to me some of what i have always known to be true namely that we live again again and again & in many different guises. It was not frightening in any way.

From what i understand many people get different things from it, some people can see they have been carrying unresolved issues for many lives which i would imagine could be pretty intense and possibly traumatic.

For me it was just like confirming an understanding, i didnt enter with any expectations and left happy overall

hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

starchild wrote: »
    Ill try describe for you, basically i was put into a light hypnotic trance where the person regressing me encouraged me to re enter my past lives. Its important i guess to know that at no stage was any idea of a life suggested, i was just asked to describe what i was seeing.

as regards what i see i saw myself in 4 different lives, two as an adult male, one as a female adult and one as a female child. It was a lovely experience for me as it confirmed to me some of what i have always known to be true namely that we live again again and again & in many different guises. It was not frightening in any way.

From what i understand many people get different things from it, some people can see they have been carrying unresolved issues for many lives which i would imagine could be pretty intense and possibly traumatic.

For me it was just like confirming an understanding, i didnt enter with any expectations and left happy overall

hope that helps

The soul the collective counciousness, has infinite lives from the beginning to the end of the universe, and changes form when all souls join to one.

Every soul on earth, made a decision to come here. To experience the physcial wprld as we know it.

I know my past lives are traumatic, as far ahead as I am, and now wisdom My guides give me, I'm stuck in some spots, its the main reason I came back to face myself on Earth, but having to listen to superficiality and bull**** for the last 23 years is just about bearable.

But thankfully the world is changing and its like prepping for an exam to be ready for it. Thanks for the feedback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Was thinking of getting this done.
    Has anyone got this done or can recommended someone in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

and in Dublin too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I know someone very good in Cork.

I think it is good to do it if you feel like you have to.
    Because sometimes things from the past are supposed to be solved in the next life.

I suddenly developed panic attacks out of nowhere, nothing that could have been from previous experience in my childhood etc etc.

It got resolved by doing a past life regression which explained as well why they developed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

Please be very careful ...

Advertisement