Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marked space for "Garda Van"

• 20-04-2015 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

I've noticed a good few stations in Dublin now have a marked space reserved specifically for "Garda Van" outside the station, with the Van almost always parked in it rather than having it parked with the rest of the cars.

Is this a new policy? City wide or nation wide? And whats the logic behind it? Suddenly after all these years of protests the vans need to be ready to go at a moments notice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

stop wrote: »
    I've noticed a good few stations in Dublin now have a marked space reserved specifically for "Garda Van" outside the station, with the Van almost always parked in it rather than having it parked with the rest of the cars.

Is this a new policy? City wide or nation wide? And whats the logic behind it? Suddenly after all these years of protests the vans need to be ready to go at a moments notice?

Sounds to me like they mean the "Station van".

And it is ready to go , its even has a marked launch pad!

Maybe it's to make people believe that we have vans when we really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I think for the station I've seen it at, it's merely to do with easy maneuvering out of the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

The guy who painted it couldn't fit in Vehicle so he thought Van was easier.:D

Advertisement