Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home of the Year RTE 1 - 8.30pm Tuesdays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

recipio wrote: »
    My next house will be all steel and concrete. Any ideas for 'low maintenance ' ?

open plan so you can use a Roomba (and put a cat on it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

amdublin wrote: »
    Big house, more cleaning :) I'd take the Dublin houses every time!

Always the country for me

Repeat is on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Just caught up with it on the RTE player

Thought considering that its home of the year that we might have seen better standards tbh.

Some of the passive houses ive read about (yes I know the 2nd one in the west cork programme was passive) - would destroy most of these houses imo.

It remind me of an all Ireland hurling championship without Kilkenny tbh.

The Tipperary cottage was nice imo - and so was Eva and Geralds house last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hopefully the standards of the homes will improve.

Yes I know that sounds VERY picky - but as Helen says at one point when being critical of something or other "this is home of the year"

The majority of the houses WERE very nice - but I don't think most of them are doing justice to home of the year - if we are thinking the best home should win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevin700

Right! Who is looking forward to this for the next 8 weeks?!
    On tonight's programme, a converted church in the West of ireland - should be interesting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

kevin700 wrote: »
    On tonight's programme, a converted church in the West of ireland - should be interesting

I do love converted churches.

I wonder is it the one that was in Grand Designs?? Or are they all "newly done" houses? (Because that one was a few years ago)

Can't wait to see the psychedelic house!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Here we go. Who's around?

I love this house. Couldn't live here. But love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Not liking this.

It's a style that doesn't sit well with me at all.
    It seems even his wife doesn't even like it.

I like her plain room :o

I knew Helen was going to say "Wow as she went in the door

A hoot! That's the word to describe it!

I love this house. Couldn't live here. But love it.

Yes I love it too. And I admire people who can live like this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"executed to pure perfection"

The kitchen doors are all off square and wonky looking. None of the doors are hung correctly :confused:

This is a nice room

That's clever the way they covered the modern appliances

It's like the Brady Bunch house on acid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That's some house! I like the structure of the extension

• Advertisement

What age is Declan I wonder?

This house does make me smile :o

Fairly scored from Declan I think

And a fair score from Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

"I can't help feeling I'm on a Hollywood movie set"

For a David Lynch movie about a hipster serial killer:eek::confused:

The location is fantastic

I love the green of the door and windows

This cottage is a bit "Disneyified" imo

Meh. Take the setting away and the house is average at best.

• Advertisement

Dear God those two trees are just magical

Advertisement