Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ham Sandwich album. . .

• 16-04-2015 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

is released tommorrow, BUY IT, thank me later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I'm going to see them in Dolan's next week. Can't wait for it. Even moved the meal for my 30th birthday forward a few hours so I could make it into Limerick in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I'm going to see them in Dolan's next week. Can't wait for it. Even moved the meal for my 30th birthday forward a few hours so I could make it into Limerick in time.

Nice one, I seen them in Kilkenny a few weeks back, the new stuff sounds excellent.

After a few listens I love the new album. White Fox took me a few listens as well. I didn't think they could match Carry The Meek but they did with White Fox. Not sure yet if the new one is at that level but it's very good.

After a few listens I love the new album. White Fox took me a few listens as well. I didn't think they could match Carry The Meek but they did with White Fox. Not sure yet if the new one is at that level but it's very good.

It's very chilled out in places, very different to White Fox, Fandango and all worthwhile are the stand out songs for me so far.

threein99 wrote: »
    It's very chilled out in places, very different to White Fox, Fandango and all worthwhile are the stand out songs for me so far.

Broken is very good as well.

• Advertisement

They are on Rte radio 1 now until 10am

Is there any support in dolans tonight?

Is there any support in dolans tonight?

I'm not sure.

Number 1 album in the country this week

Fantastic gig last night. I even got a shout out from Podge for my birthday. Anybody who's not sure about going to see them, go for it. They're incredible live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Took to the new album slowly, but love it.
    It has a distinctive sound over the previous albums I feel.
    Some beautiful vocal work as always from Niamh and Podge.

As has been mentioned, go see this band live.
    Simply the best live act I've ever seen... and I've seen lots and lots of big big acts play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just back from my third time seeing them in the Roisin in Galway, superb gig again, Replicate, Illuminate and The Naturist being the highlights for me tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was there too, great gig. Very consistent live, can't wait to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was there too, great gig. Very consistent live, can't wait to see them again.

Ya im gonna have to get up to Dublin to see them in a larger venue at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Saw these guys at Indiependence and am hooked since. Cant find Carry the Meek anywhere but the other 2 are great albums.

Looking forward to the gig in Cork in October!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Saw these guys at Indiependence and am hooked since. Cant find Carry the Meek anywhere but the other 2 are great albums.

Looking forward to the gig in Cork in October!

They usually have a couple of copies of Carry the Meek available in Tower Records in Dublin at any given time and you can also get it online on their website: http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/Ham_Sandwich_Carry_The_Meek/449418

Worth getting. Much heavier than the latter 2 albums, personally I probably prefer it to White Fox as an album although the best songs on White Fox are better. Think the new album is probably the best of the three though.

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    They usually have a couple of copies of Carry the Meek available in Tower Records in Dublin at any given time and you can also get it online on their website: http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/Ham_Sandwich_Carry_The_Meek/449418

Ah sound for that. I saw it on eBay and Amazon but I said I may as well try and buy it from somewhere they may actually get a few pennies from me themselves. Got really into White Fox myself, brilliant album but I think Surface is the bit better- but Models..... Jasus what a tune

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

but Models..... Jasus what a tune

Epic tune!
    Especially after you've seen them play it live :)

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Epic tune!
    Especially after you've seen them play it live :)

When I first heard it on thje album it brought me right back to the gig and i was like " aaaaaahhhhhh this is the song!"

Looking forward to loads loads more from them

Advertisement