Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy parts for a service...

• 13-04-2015 3:41pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Bike needs a service and going to do it myself with the help of a mate. Where should I go to buy the right oil, filter & pads etc? Preferably online - but if I can find the time I'll try to get to a shop. WHere do you guys usually get yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Zascar wrote: »
    Bike needs a service and going to do it myself with the help of a mate. Where should I go to buy the right oil, filter & pads etc? Preferably online - but if I can find the time I'll try to get to a shop. WHere do you guys usually get yours?

Motorcycleshop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, motorcycleshop.ie or Cotters. Cant really haggle online all the same.....

I found the Motul oils really good, having used the usual high priced Castrol and the like. Also I suppose you will get a HiFlo oil filter, if you can get the race version as it has the nut on the top so you can torque it and better yet take it off easy next time. Better then the good old flat head screw driver through it lol or buying a separate tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant really haggle online all the same.....

Of course you can.... I find with any online shop a quick email to them will get you a 10% discount code with no bother at all.

goodlad wrote: »
    Of course you can.... I find with any online shop a quick email to them will get you a 10% discount code with no bother at all.

Nah, I mean proper haggle sure 10% is nothing Gary, you wanna be face to face....mano e mano, I find that works better.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads would halfords be any good for this at all? Purely because it opens late and I may be up there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Nah, I mean proper haggle sure 10% is nothing Gary, you wanna be face to face....mano e mano, I find that works better.

Yeah I do agree man. But some people just pay the face value and don't even bother to ask for a discount code.

Lads would halfords be any good for this at all? Purely because it opens late and I may be up there...

If you have money to burn, all they have really is the Halfords oil and Castrol. Be lucky to get an oil filter specific for your bike. They would have the spark plugs id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

you'd be paying approx double, but yea halfords are an option

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok I'll ignore them - Maybe I can try to pop out of work - I work near clontarf, any places near there I should try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i use the halfords motorcycle oil, semi synth is 39.99 for 5L as the motul stuff is the same price for 4L, and it meets all the required specs i get two oil changes from it, you can get filters for the bikes in there, they always seem to have the HF303 in when i'm in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Izaiah Victorious Market

Ok I'll ignore them - Maybe I can try to pop out of work - I work near clontarf, any places near there I should try?

If you're around Clontarf my advice is to drop out to Global in Santry ~ they're a proper old school parts suppliers and very straight.

There's a pretty blonde girl serving there (can't remember her name), don't be fooled by her youth (and looks) ~ she's an authority on bike parts!.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dubdamo

If you're around Clontarf my advice is to drop out to Global in Santry ~ they're a proper old school parts suppliers and very straight.

There's a pretty blonde girl serving there (can't remember her name), don't be fooled by her youth (and looks) ~ she's an authority on bike parts!.
    Another thumbs up for Global,that lady seems to know her stuff, she is generally able to tell you if she has it in stock straight away, reasonable price wise as well.

[QUOTE=Izaiah Victorious Market;95103757

There's a pretty blonde girl serving there (can't remember her name), don't be fooled by her youth (and looks) ~ she's an authority on bike parts!.[/QUOTE]

Dont need anything for a service....but heading out to Global anyway ;)

Dont need anything for a service....but heading out to Global anyway ;)

A service with a happy ending maybe :D

Santry is a bit far but got quotes from Paddys Pitstop on Ossary Road and Leo O'Reilly on Dorset St. Anyone dealt with those guys before?

Santry is a bit far but got quotes from Paddys Pitstop on Ossary Road and Leo O'Reilly on Dorset St. Anyone dealt with those guys before?

Santry is too far, seriously?.

I've heard good things about Paddys Pitstop, and although Leo O'Reilly's is around longer than I've been biking I've never had dealings with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Leo's a sound auld skin, with a head of knowledge most of us wouldn't acquire over numerous lifetimes.

A service with a happy ending maybe :D

Kool, she can stick me up on the ramp and check out my BACK BOX!!!

:o:o

Santry is too far, seriously?.

I've heard good things about Paddys Pitstop, and although Leo O'Reilly's is around longer than I've been biking I've never had dealings with them.

O'Reilly on Dorset Street is very well regarded. But does it really matter Colly you only buying the bits they are not doing the work, so aslong as you happy with the price get the stuff anywhere.

Advertisement