Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Playoffs

• 16-04-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭

East Match-ups

1) Atlanta Hawks vs. 8) Brooklyn Nets
    2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 7) Boston Celtics
    3) Chicago Bulls vs. 6) Milwaukee Bucks
    4) Toronto Raptors vs. 5) Washington Wizards

West Match-ups

1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) New Orleans Pelicans
    2) Houston Rockets vs. 7) Dallas Mavericks
    3) L.A. Clippers vs. 6) San Antonio Spurs
    4) Portland Trail-Blazers vs. 5) Memphis Grizzlies

Tip Off times for this weekend:

Saturday, April 18

5.30 p.m (12.30 p.m EST) - Wizards@Raptors
    8.30 p.m (3.30 p.m EST) - Pelicans@Warriors
    Midnight (7 p.m EST) - Bucks@Bulls
    2.30 a.m (9.30 EST) - Mavs@Rockets

Sunday, April 19

8 p.m (3 p.m EST) - Celtics@Cavs
    10.30 p.m (5.30 p.m EST) - Nets@Hawks
    1 a.m (8 p.m EST) - Trail-Blazers@Grizz
    3.30 a.m (10.30 p.m EST) - Spurs@Clippers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

In the East I would expect Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago and Toronto to go through.
    In the West I expect Golden State, Houston, San Antonio and Memphis.Although I would not be at all surprised to see Dallas beat Houston or Portland beat Memphis providing they sort out their injuries!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevin700

D2D wrote: »
    East Match-ups

1) Atlanta Hawks vs. 8) Brooklyn Nets
    2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 7) Boston Celtics
    3) Chicago Bulls vs. 6) Milwaukee Bucks
    4) Toronto Raptors vs. 5) Washington Wizards

West Match-ups

1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) New Orleans Pelicans
    2) Houston Rockets vs. 7) Dallas Mavericks
    3) L.A. Clippers vs. 6) San Antonio Spurs
    4) Portland Trail-Blazers vs. 5) Memphis Grizzlies

Tip Off times for this weekend:

Saturday, April 18

5.30 p.m (12.30 p.m EST) - Wizards@Raptors
    8.30 p.m (3.30 p.m EST) - Pelicans@Warriors
    Midnight (7 p.m EST) - Bucks@Bulls
    2.30 a.m (9.30 EST) - Mavs@Rockets

Sunday, April 19

8 p.m (3 p.m EST) - Celtics@Cavs
    10.30 p.m (5.30 p.m EST) - Nets@Hawks
    1 a.m (8 p.m EST) - Trail-Blazers@Grizz
    3.30 a.m (10.30 p.m EST) - Spurs@Clippers
    Thanks you for the information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Started a boards bracket on nbabracketology.com if anyone's interested. looking forward to the weekend now, few games on at evening irish times which is great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭nerd69

Started a boards bracket on nbabracketology.com if anyone's interested. looking forward to the weekend now, few games on at evening irish times which is great too!

ya id give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Great idea man. Just joined there.

Here is mine BTW:

15460_1429198863.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Great idea for the bracket, here's the link to the boards group for anyone trying to find it.Bracket competition

Looking forward to catching some of the games at a decent time this weekend. I've found the value of league pass has slumped in the last fortnight with a lot of the eliminated teams putting out very poor lineups in the home of securing a better draft pick. I'm looking forward to seeing much stronger lineups now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that final regular season game with spurs losing changed everything. i could see them falling at the first fence this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

rossie1977 wrote: »
    that final regular season game with spurs losing changed everything. i could see them falling at the first fence this year

As John McEnroe would say " You cannot be serious!"

Playoff mind games have begun!!

Masai responded to Pierce saying he's not worried about Toronto. Fantastic response that will get the city and team worked up. Said he doesn't have enough money to respond how he wants to, referencing the **** Brooklyn fine last year.

Also the original Pierce article is a good read

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12690080/washington-wizards-paul-pierce-speaks-truth

Pretty eye opening about Allen not turning up for team mates charity events but nearly expecting them to for his

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have my bracket done, great idea by the way Biz! :)

1st round of the playoffs last year was absolutely epic. If this years even comes close we're in for a treat.

I have the Hawks (in 5), Raps (in 7), Cavs (in 5) and Bulls (in 6) going through in the East. Hawks to take the Raps in 6 games to progress to the Eastern final, while the Cavs win out in 7 against the Bulls in a slog. Cavs ultimately beat the Hawks 4-3 to reach the East final with LeBron taking over.

I have the Warriors (in 5), Grizzlies (in 7), Rockets (in 7) and Spurs (in 6) progressing in the West. Warriors take the Grizzlies in 5 and Spurs beat the Rockets in 6 to get the to the West final. Warriors win a classic 4-3.

Warriors in 6 over the Cavs in the final with the Golden State offense proving too much to handle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Just bought tickets for the warriors game on Saturday, cant freakin wait, the atmosphere is going to be incredible, added bonus of day drinking, woo woo

Just joined the bracket there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just had a quick look online, am i right in thinking that BT/ESPN are only showing the two late saturday games this weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

2smiggy wrote: »
    just had a quick look online, am i right in thinking that BT/ESPN are only showing the two late saturday games this weekend ?

Yep, seems like the Bucks@Bulls & Mavs@Rockets games will be on BT on Saturday night. BT seem to be showing no games on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

22769_1429265893.jpg

Mine

ec18 wrote: »
    22769_1429265893.jpg

Mine

Someone loves Chicago!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

killwill wrote: »
    Someone loves Chicago!!!!

maybe a lil,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

23933_1429282288.jpg

:pac::pac::pac:

jesus the grizzlies are a gutsy call

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

think golden state will do it, curry has been dropping 30 odd at a canter for the last 7-8 games... spurs are their only opposition in my mind!

bulls are a sleeper, ya just don't know what they're capable of(hope rose doesn't get injured just, be nice to have him back close to his best next year after a summer off)

wizards/raptors toughest to call...

• Advertisement

14335_1429186366.jpg

Here's my bracket. In the East I'd love the Raptors to do well but they'll get past the Wizards I reckon but that will be it. Cavs will make the ECF's and if they get that far I doubt there's nothing stopping them in the East. Bulls will get injuries, I reckon.

In the West the Warriors have a bang of '06 Mavericks off them and '10 Heat. A fantastic regular season doesn't always translate and they could also be injury prone. David Lee, Curry and Bogut are all risks. The Spurs I think will glide through to the WCF's and through sheer experience and their added ruthless streak from last years finals will see them through to the finals where the Cavs lads will fall apart.

e3dit: Just saw I have the Spurs over the Mavs in 4. Don't know what I was thinking

22678_1429263124.jpg

Might be a bit biast....:pac:

I've 2 sweeps in Round 1 (Cavs/Celtics and Warriors/Pellys). I have the Cavs and the Hawks in the ECF with the Cavs taking it in 6. Out West, I genuinely can't see past the Warriors right now so I have them taking the Spurs in 7 in the WCF. Cavs/Warriors goes the full 7 with the Cavs coming out with the Championship! (I can dream...)

Oh yeah, League Pass are having a free weekend for the start of the Playoffs. Sign up tomorrow and get every Game 1 for free (make sure to cancel on Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Cant do a bracket, too much conflict between the head and the heart. Should be a very entertaining month as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Cant do a bracket, too much conflict between the head and the heart. Should be a very entertaining month as always.

Ditto. I think the Cavs will probably beat the Bulls in round 2, but I don't want to be proven right about that.

For the first round though, I do think the Bulls will win in either 4 or 5 games.

Not sure I'm qualified to make accurate predictions for the rest of the draw anyway, 95% of the regular-season games I watch are Bulls games. Though during the playoffs I'll watch other games.

So looking forward to that, particularly the West, who I tend to see less of during the regular season.

Playoffs baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

31052_1429364372.jpg

I think the Hawks peaked too soon, and with Milsap struggling with injury, I can' see past LeBron and company in the East(apologies to all Bulls fans on here, but I think theres too much doubts around key players.

The West is harder to predict. The Warriors should have a clear passage to the western conference finals, I am in on them and am convinced they are the real deal. The Spurs Clippers series is fascinating, whichever way it goes one of the 3 best teams in the west will be going home. Only the Spurs and Clippers have looked like matching the Dubs over the past 2 months. I think the Spurs will come through this and have too much for Houston in the second round. The western conference finals is a toss up then for me. On form you have to pick the Warriors, they have been historically great all season. However, they have a lot of players who have never gone deep in the playoffs, a rookie(albeit outstanding) coach. Put that up against the consistent greatness of San Antonio, the championship experience of the team and the emergence of Kawhi Leonard as the teams best player and a top 10 player in the league(excluding players out injured), I'm going to tip the Spurs.

I would not be confident in that pick, and would not be in the least surprised to see the Warriors advance, but I'm convinced that would be a long series. Last year I was convinced the Spurs would win the Championship, and backed them heavily to do it, I'll be keeping my money in my pocked this time.

Whoever comes out of the West I believe will have too much for Cleveland, who I don't think have enough to win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'd love to see the Grizz win it, but they're too banged up. Same goes for Portland. That's a match up where both teams are walking wounded.

**** it celtics are healthy banner 18 here we come

Tip Off in Air Canada Centre, Welcome to the 2015 NBA Playoffs!

Love playoff crowds!! Pulling for Toronto in this one really like this team. Surprisingly Psycho T is starting. Fairly low scoring so far

• Advertisement

End of Q1, Raptors up 23-19

Advertisement