Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that the season is nearly over,heres a new game!!

• 11-04-2015 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Alayna Mushy Loiterer

Now that the fantasy Football season is nearly over ( or IS over for lads like me) why not sign up for www.soccermanager.com and play against other boards members

What is soccermanager.com you might ask... Well...Soccer Manager is a real time game with matches played at fixed times during the week. Each Game World has a set amount of clubs which can be managed and are split across a number of divisions. All other clubs and players within the Game World can be interacted with. our thread is here

We have created a Soccermanager.com league world for the Boards.ie members only. .If you would like a team in it, then register on the site and then search for game world ID:174426 to view free clubs. If you want a club then click "Apply" and post in here your user name and which club you applied for and ill accept you into the world ASAP.Or else just PM me with your email and ill offer you a job

As alot of the big clubs are already managed players who join now will start with a small team and try too amass as much manager points as possible as down the road when teams become free we refer too manager points and the manager with the most points who wants the job is awarded it.it is easyier too get points with small teams then big teams as this explains

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I applied for Hamburg as it seems to be the only one left in the top division.

My user name is Father Romeo Sensini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Alayna Mushy Loiterer

I applied for Hamburg as it seems to be the only one left in the top division.

My user name is Father Romeo Sensini

Ive accepted you and the regular disscusion thread can be found at the link below so pop in and say hi and any questions you have will be answered by the lads on thread who are all helpfull

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057341104&page=142

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Just applied for Anzhi there

richieffff wrote: »
    Just applied for Anzhi there

I've accepted you too. As above if you click the link and post in that forum lads will be glad too help ye out im sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

just applied for LA Galaxy

• Advertisement

just applied for LA Galaxy

Asserted!! Like above if you need any advice Pop into the thread and ask away! Everyone's really nice over there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Hello,

I help to run the soccermanager forum with MrMac84. Just popping in to share this post showing all the free clubs at the moment.

It can be found in this thread.

And don't forget to join the party here for a good time! ;):D :pac: :P

Wilberto wrote: »
    Hello,

I help to run the soccermanager forum with MrMac84. Just popping in to share this post showing all the free clubs at the moment.

I'll have too start putting links up like you do. Just pasting the entire link at the end of the post isn't half as fancy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I applied for Portsmouth. Banna Nachops.

I applied for Portsmouth. Banna Nachops.

And your accepted

• Advertisement

Don't forgot too post in the soccer manager thread if you skip too the last 2 pages there's lots of advice for new managers there

Wilberto wrote: »
    Hello,

Latest update done lads.... more players welcome!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've applied to be manager of Twente :)

edit: username is kevxd

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I've applied to be manager of Twente :)

edit: username is kevxd

I'll accept you now... Be sure and pop into the soccermanager thread too say hello

Lots of new managers joining up here lads still more clubs free if we've any more interested lads just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have applied to manage AC Milan... :)

AdMMM wrote: »
    Have applied to manage AC Milan... :)

Sorry about this now, we love new managers but the AC Milan has just come up and all current managers have a chance too apply for a job first. And there's 2 lads have shown an interest, could you choose another team?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sorry about this now, we love new managers but the AC Milan has just come up and all current managers have a chance too apply for a job first. And there's 2 lads have shown an interest, could you choose another team?
    Figured there must be a reason why they were the only Division 1 team free :). I've gone for Stuttgart instead, hopefully no issues with that?

AdMMM wrote: »
    Figured there must be a reason why they were the only Division 1 team free :). I've gone for Stuttgart instead, hopefully no issues with that?

That's perfect your accepted pop over too the soccermanager thread and say hello too the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

I applied for West Brom username:smartin10495107

• Advertisement

I applied for West Brom username:smartin10495107

Accepted bud... Post in the forum and say hi too everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Applied for Besiktas JK. Username: emurphy9289889

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Along similar lines if anyone is interested in a online footy management simply try hattrick.org ..

I've been playing for years with varying degrees of success, it is a bit of a learning curve but rewarding if you stick with it, set games throughout the week and a transfer system like eBay, eg bidding. Great albeit small irish community, always welcome new faces

gazump123 wrote: »
    Applied for Besiktas JK. Username: emurphy9289889

Accepted pop into the soccer manager thread and say hi

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Along similar lines if anyone is interested in a online footy management simply try hattrick.org ..

I've been playing for years with varying degrees of success, it is a bit of a learning curve but rewarding if you stick with it, set games throughout the week and a transfer system like eBay, eg bidding. Great albeit small irish community, always welcome new faces
    Do you wana join our game world?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Accepted pop into the soccer manager thread and say hi

Thanks Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sooo,

this is where all the new managers are coming from :p

GOOD WORK Mac!

Welcome to all new managers ...

Back in 2013 I read a post about a soccer manager game that, once you've settle in, would take about 5mins of your time every day ... :rolleyes:

I'm the Porto Manager (Michel Preud'homme) in the 'boards.ie league' over on SM :cool: and someone needs to get new watch coz those 5mins I spend on that game every night are damn long :D

You'll notice from looking at my squad ... I tend to bring in young prospects, Belgians but preferably players that combine both of those characteristics.

Feel free to hit me up for a loan if you are stuck for cover in any positions.

PS: Ask around before accepting any deals ...

A deal for max cash value might seem a good deal but depending on the player you are loosing you might find it very hard to replace him for cash only.

Even when you end up with a part exchange deal ... it might be advisable to look for some input ... different managers will play the game in different ways ...

Me, ... I'd gladly sell a 90 rated player in a part exchange, if it meant getting for example Tielemans(85) and Bentaleb(85) in return. Other might be looking for an 89 and a youth player or you might get the 90 for an 89 and cash, but I would speculate the 89 would need to be younger than the 90rated player.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sooo,

this is where all the new managers are coming from :p

GOOD WORK Mac!

Welcome to all new managers ...

Back in 2013 I read a post about a soccer manager game that, once you've settle in, would take about 5mins of your time every day ... :rolleyes:

I'm the Porto Manager (Michel Preud'homme) in the 'boards.ie league' over on SM :cool: and someone needs to get new watch coz those 5mins I spend on that game every night are damn long :D

You'll notice from looking at my squad ... I tend to bring in young prospects, Belgians but preferably players that combine both of those characteristics.

Feel free to hit me up for a loan if you are stuck for cover in any positions.

PS: Ask around before accepting any deals ...

A deal for max cash value might seem a good deal but depending on the player you are loosing you might find it very hard to replace him for cash only.

Even when you end up with a part exchange deal ... it might be advisable to look for some input ... different managers will play the game in different ways ...

Me, ... I'd gladly sell a 90 rated player in a part exchange, if it meant getting for example Tielemans(85) and Bentaleb(85) in return. Other might be looking for an 89 and a youth player or you might get the 90 for an 89 and cash, but I would speculate the 89 would need to be younger than the 90rated player.

it could take only 5 mins. Same as making a transfer in fantasy football. But if players want they could spend hours looking at stats etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057341104&page=163

Just a reminder too all the new managers.Make sure and pop into the thread linked above and say hi and that your the new manager .. sometimes youll get a heads up on players for sale over there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The new updated list of available clubs can be found here.

Advertisement