Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

limerickfc wrote: »
    Ya I agree..their better off keeping takin their chances with the lotto they might do a Cleveland on it..no way KD could leave if they lucked into the 1# pick

is he going to leave anyway though he's got a pretty good situation in okc they've just been unfortunate, if he goes home to washington he's on a worst team, if he goes to l.a. or nyc he's on far far worse teams and why leave okc to go to another small market team.

fun game if every team got to fill there squad with players from that franchises history who has the best team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

nerd69 wrote: »
    fun game if every team got to fill there squad with players from that franchises history who has the best team

Off the top of my head Im guessing Lakers?
    But I would be no expert on franchise players historically!

Edit- Maybe I misunderstand the game though.
    If I was picking an all time starting 5 for Lakers it would be
    1. Magic at point guard
    2. Kobe at shooting guard
    3. Jerry West at small forward
    4. Off the top of my head and at this hour of the morning cant think of a power forward to put in!!!! LOL
    5. This is a tough one. I go with Wilt Chamberlain over Kareem the Dream.

killwill wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Im guessing Lakers?
    But I would be no expert on franchise players historically!

Edit- Maybe I misunderstand the game though.
    If I was picking an all time starting 5 for Lakers it would be
    1. Magic at point guard
    2. Kobe at shooting guard
    3. Jerry West at small forward
    4. Off the top of my head and at this hour of the morning cant think of a power forward to put in!!!! LOL
    5. This is a tough one. I go with Wilt Chamberlain over Kareem the Dream.

nope you nailed the idea. celtics would be up there

point guard -bob cousy
    shooting guard - sam jones (or ray allen)
    small forward- larry legend
    power forward - kevin garnett (or kevin mchale i dont know with this one)
    centre - bill russell

its difficult to think of another franchise that would compete bulls maby

point guard - derrick rose
    shooting guard -jordan
    small forward-pippen
    power forward -rodman
    centre - no idea

or 76ers
    point guard - no idea
    shooting guard - doug collins? andre igudala?
    small forward- dr. j
    power forward - barkley
    centre - wilt

can anyone with a better knowledge of nba history do better?

• Advertisement

spurs

point guard - parker
    shooting guard - gervin
    small forward- no idea
    power forward - duncan
    centre - robinson

could probably make a decent heat/pistons team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

is he going to leave anyway though he's got a pretty good situation in okc they've just been unfortunate, if he goes home to washington he's on a worst team, if he goes to l.a. or nyc he's on far far worse teams and why leave okc to go to another small market team.

How can you say he will be on a way worse team come 2016, Lakers and Knicks are both going to make a splash this summer. They wont be the same teams come next season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

astonaidan wrote: »
    How can you say he will be on a way worse team come 2016, Lakers and Knicks are both going to make a splash this summer. They wont be the same teams come next season

Really? I don't think there's that many available players that can turn a franchise around. Like the knicks/Lakers need a Lebron/KD level player. There's only 5 maybe 6 of them in the league and none are on the market this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

its difficult to think of another franchise that would compete bulls maby

point guard - derrick rose
    shooting guard -jordan
    small forward-pippen
    power forward -rodman
    centre - no idea

Robert Parish finished his career at the Bulls, that's tenuous enough for me.
    or 76ers
    point guard - no idea
    shooting guard - doug collins? andre igudala?
    small forward- dr. j
    power forward - barkley
    centre - wilt

Cmon man, never heard of Allen Iverson?

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
    1996–97 Philadelphia 76 74 40.1 .418 .341 .702 4.1 7.5 2.1 .3 23.5
    1997–98 Philadelphia 80 80 39.4 .461 .298 .729 3.7 6.2 2.2 .3 22.0
    1998–99 Philadelphia 48 48 41.5 .412 .291 .751 4.9 4.6 2.3 .1 26.8
    1999–00 Philadelphia 70 70 40.8 .421 .341 .713 3.8 4.7 2.1 .1 28.4
    2000–01 Philadelphia 71 71 42.0 .420 .320 .814 3.8 4.6 2.5 .3 31.1
    2001–02 Philadelphia 60 59 43.7 .398 .291 .812 4.5 5.5 2.8 .2 31.4
    2002–03 Philadelphia 82 82 42.5 .414 .277 .774 4.2 5.5 2.7 .2 27.6
    2003–04 Philadelphia 48 47 42.5 .387 .286 .745 3.7 6.8 2.4 .1 26.4
    2004–05 Philadelphia 75 75 42.3 .424 .308 .835 4.0 7.9 2.4 .1 30.7
    2005–06 Philadelphia 72 72 43.1 .447 .323 .814 3.2 7.4 1.9 .1 33.0
    2006–07 Philadelphia 15 15 42.7 .413 .226 .885 2.7 7.3 2.2 .1 31.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

Heat

PG Jason (white chocolate) Williams
    SG D-Wade
    SF Lebron
    PF Bosh
    C Shaq/Alonso

• Advertisement

if you think there going to pick up players of the caliber of westbrook and ibaka your delusional.
    Robert Parish finished his career at the Bulls, that's tenuous enough for me.

Cmon man, never heard of Allen Iverson?
    I'm an idiot :D in fairness it was like 2 am

that bulls starting 5 would compete with the celtics/lakers id say not so sure about the rest

Edit:actually the 6ers would to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

could probably make a decent pistons team

PG Isiah Thomas
    SG Joe Dumars
    SF Grant Hill
    PF Denis Rodman
    C Bill Laimbeer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jesus:eek:

Pacers just put out an update:
    Chris Copeland Update:

Chris Copeland suffered a knife wound to his left elbow and abdomen this morning in New York City. He is currently in stable condition at a New York hospital. Updates will be provided as available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs win the Central Division!:D

Phoenix and Detroit officially eliminated for the race to the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Gonna be a very exciting finish in both conferences for the final seeds.

Boston are lucky they had a nice run of wins lately as they face Cavs twice, Bucks and Raptors for their final 4 games.

Looking at the remaining games in the East, I think Brooklyn will get 7th and Miami will tie for 8th with Boston but they have the tiebreaker over Boston.

In the West I thought NOP had it after the other night but they have a tough final few games too and it could all depend on whether or not Spurs rest their starters on the final night when they play the Pelicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bulls 103 - Magic 105

That was a sickener. Bulls led the entire game until about 4 mins to go, should've been more ahead, Magic got hot in the last few mins to steal it.

Rose's first game back after 6 weeks, looked surprisingly sharp physically, though a bit rusty basketball-wise. Created some turnovers bying being out of sync with teammates. Overall though, very positive based on how he looked physically.

I like what I've seen of Elfrid Payton after seeing him a couple of times now. Looks very accomplished running the point for such a young player. Runs the pick-and-roll well, big for his position which I think can cause matchup problems for opposing point-guards, finished with a nice stat line...17 pts, 9 assists, 9 rebounds.

Did this as well...

A blow for Thabo and the Hawks right before Playoff time. Thabo broke his ankle whilst getting arrested the other night (some saying tibia but article says ankle). That's messed up

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/9/8379317/thabo-sefolosha-injury-ankle-chris-copeland-stabbing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

Looks like the Bulls finally knocked Miami out of the playoffs after years of trying.
    Hard to see the Heat making it now.

if you think there going to pick up players of the caliber of westbrook and ibaka your delusional.

I'm an idiot :D in fairness it was like 2 am

that bulls starting 5 would compete with the celtics/lakers id say not so sure about the rest

Edit:actually the 6ers would to

How can you say they wont for sure, they could get Love this summer hes a match for Serge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Boston very impressive against Cleveland tonight.
    Also Spurs @ Rockets had a real playoff feel to it.
    Harden limited to 16 points and 9 assists.
    Tim Duncan with 29 points and 10 assists!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

How can you say they wont for sure, they could get Love this summer hes a match for Serge

The problem is both teams need more than just one of them......They need a Westbrook type and an ibaka/love type. Outside of Love and maybe Rondo i don't think many players are going to be available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

killwill wrote: »
    Boston very impressive against Cleveland tonight.
    Also Spurs @ Rockets had a real playoff feel to it.
    Harden limited to 16 points and 9 assists.
    Tim Duncan with 29 points and 10 assists!

I just think that man is incredible. Year after year still performing at a top level. Was trying to think, has he ever even had a major injury? He played four years of college too as far as I remember which means his top level playing days stretch back as far as 1993.

Was Kareem this important to the lakers towards the end? How do his performances stack up against timmy I know he got an mvp towards the end but he played through a lot of pain

It looks like the Cavs gave it to the Celtics so they can face them in the first round instead of the Nets.

ec18 wrote: »
    The problem is both teams need more than just one of them......They need a Westbrook type and an ibaka/love type. Outside of Love and maybe Rondo i don't think many players are going to be available

Well Goran Dragic for me is better than Rondo, so lets say they get them both they would be in a decent situation

Well Goran Dragic for me is better than Rondo, so lets say they get them both they would be in a decent situation

Neither are close to Westbrook though

Neither are close to Westbrook though

But its not a way worse situation that you were saying they would be in. Like you are saying the would be in a situation playing with the current squad which neither team will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That 2nd quarter score is not a mistake by the way:

9a1e2753c18a853a8de44038656895b5.png

Unbelievable. Lowest scoring quarter of the shot-clock era.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Vintage Derrick Rose in that 4th quarter. If he can ever get consistently back to that level it would be fantastic.

• Advertisement

But its not a way worse situation that you were saying they would be in. Like you are saying the would be in a situation playing with the current squad which neither team will be.

it kind of is ibaka and westbrook would still be far far better than goran and love. and thats if one of these teams manage to snag 2 of the premier free agents on the market. nyc have no appeal to teams at the moment and while the lakers are the lakers so they will get free agents i dont see any combination that makes them close to what the thunder are

Advertisement