Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Boatrace

• 09-04-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭UBERTILT

Any thoughts on this years race?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Franklin Happy Comedienne

Well here's the blurb:
    The 161st Boat Race takes place on Saturday 11 April and is scheduled to get underway at 5.50pm. Cambridge lead the university battle with Oxford 81-78, but Oxford closed the gap last year as they clinched victory with the biggest winning margin since 1973.

Price reflects this, with 70% popularity for Oxford @ BP x1.30. With the price this low may only good as a lucky/add-on multiplier (Stanley allows Novelty on Accums').

Safe triple could be either Godsmejudge or Unioniste (to place at GN) and the way things are looking after today, Spieth to Master the course over the weekend.

x 1.3
    x 6.5 circa

=x25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm leaning towards Oxford myself. Haven't had a good look at the national entries. Will do tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭UBERTILT

Oxford for both races for me.
    Nice weight in Ladies event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Franklin Happy Comedienne

Might avoid the bonus times 'x101 multipler' for a 'dead heat' occuring, as the last dead heat was waaaay back in 1877.

Of course, after saying this it will probably happen now (quantum multi-verse entanglement etc.) and a few of the rowers could pay off their parents college fees...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭jacool

UBERTILT wrote: »
    Oxford for both races for me.
    Nice weight in Ladies event
    100% correct !

• Advertisement
Advertisement