Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling Balls

• 02-04-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

I have 2 bowling balls which i have in my attic for 15 years. I was wondering what i should ask for them when i put them up for sale.They have been kept in a 2xball carrying bag.Both are 15lb balls.lucky strike which i used regularly and a columbia 300 which is not used.Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Are they polished, sanded? I can't remember but are these urethane or reactive urethane balls?

Honestly, not sure you will get much. It's hard to price older kit. Whoever buys them will need to have them plugged and redrilled. You might get a few quid for them if you put ads on noticeboards in a few bowling centres...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Are they polished, sanded? I can't remember but are these urethane or reactive urethane balls?

Honestly, not sure you will get much. It's hard to price older kit. Whoever buys them will need to have them plugged and redrilled. You might get a few quid for them if you put ads on noticeboards in a few bowling centres...

Not to cause offence but I would think the carrier bag (condition dependant) would be worth more than the balls.

Any more details on the equipment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I have contacted a bowling alley as r3nu4l suggested and i am waiting to hear back. There isn't much more i can tell you about the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

The market for second hand bowling balls is pretty poor, especially for older equipment as advances are so quick, rendering any kind of reactive ball from 15 years ago worthless. The cost of plugging and redrilling the white dot would be 50 euro, a new one would cost around 100-120, so not a lot of reason to pay cash for one that's 15 years old.

Advertisement