Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dad died last night

• 22-02-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so low today. My Dad died last night. He was a farmer for most of his life and even as he fought for breath he was asking me for news of the cattle.
    Dementia took most of him away over the past couple of years, but last night what was left me has gone. I'll miss him so much.
    Sorry lads/lassies

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Apologies to the OP as it seems we missed approving this thread for a lot longer than we'd like to have. My condolences on your loss.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Future Farmer

I'm so low today. My Dad died last night. He was a farmer for most of his life and even as he fought for breath he was asking me for news of the cattle.
    Dementia took most of him away over the past couple of years, but last night what was left me has gone. I'll miss him so much.
    Sorry lads/lassies

Thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thoughts with you on your recent loss.
    It will hit you for six for a long time, but although it won't feel like it now, time does heal.

Take care of yourself and if you need to talk to someone, don't be afraid to. Don't bottle up emotions, let it out if it needs to come out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sorry to hear that OP, a funeral is a lot harder when it's one of your own.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Sorry for your loss op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Sorry to hear OP, my condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭dzer2

Sorry to hear that RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭mayota

Sorry for your loss, things will get better with time. Pop back here anytime for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,344 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

May your dad RIP

He's out on greener pastures now with his herd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Sorry for your loss op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Sorry for your loss OP. Hope your doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Feckthis wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss OP. Hope your doing well!

Hi everyone
    I want to thank ye all for your answers. It's still raw but we are getting on.
    I still find myself thinking of stories to tell him about what I was doing during the days. Even though his mind was going he still wanted to know everything and for a few minutes he was happy.
    I'm watching two cows with their times up this weekend, so that is keeping me out of trouble. Life does go on.
    Thanks

Advertisement