Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home of the Year RTE 1 - 8.30pm Tuesdays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The detailing in the concrete is amazing,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That concrete wall is fab

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I love that!

I liked that too!

They gotta give this 9's!

This is the one to beat folks!

• Advertisement

Hmmm this for me is just a very typical architect new family home

If you get my drift...

Nice on the outside.

A creche on the inside.

While the bedroom is ikea-ish, I do think the country cottage feel of it suits the farmhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

This is not my type of house.

It's just a standard home with standard furniture......it's just a big house

Quazzie wrote: »
    Nice on the outside.

A creche on the inside.

You made me spit coffee all over my keyboard!!!!!

• Advertisement

I hate that wall of art. It looks like a mess

Blah

This is just blah.

Like it's nice. But it's not amazing.

I'm not a fan of the decor of the bedroom

An 8 :eek:

Another 8 :eek:

First house, too crazy for me.

Good man Hugh!

28. That's a series right there surely.

Helen is great at the sums isn't she.

I like this show. I think the judges work well together. But I'd like a little more argy bargy :pac:

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    I like this show. I think the judges work well together. But I'd like a little more argy bargy :pac:

They need to throw Dermot into the middle of it just to shake things up for one episode :D

Quazzie wrote: »
    They need to throw Dermot into the middle of it just to shake things up for one episode :D

Oh god I cannot handle the arrogance and pretentiousness of Dermot!

Eeek I was watching the news instead of switching over to DTTB

*heads over to DTTB thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,758 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Whats DTTB:confused:

Caught this on +1.

The right house won for sure! Wish they'd tell us where they are (house no 2 overlooking Bere Island so that's a clue)

House no 1 was like the one last week - pretentiously crazy. Too contrived by far for my taste.

House no 3 was just meh. Really didn't like the exterior, thought they were right about the need for contrast between old and new but just didn't work in this case IMO.

House no 2 pretty much flawless, other than the bath in the bedroom. As much as she annoys me, had to agree with the girlie judge - I too "like a door"!! But that concrete wall - wow!

The big fella needs to learn how to say modern - it's not modrin :mad:

*waves at HeidiHeidi*

We miss you on the "loive" version of this.

DTTB is Don't Tell the Bride :)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Whats DTTB:confused:

Caught this on +1.

The right house won for sure! Wish they'd tell us where they are (house no 2 overlooking Bere Island so that's a clue)

House no 1 was like the one last week - pretentiously crazy. Too contrived by far for my taste.

House no 3 was just meh. Really didn't like the exterior, thought they were right about the need for contrast between old and new but just didn't work in this case IMO.

House no 2 pretty much flawless, other than the bath in the bedroom. As much as she annoys me, had to agree with the girlie judge - I too "like a door"!! But that concrete wall - wow!

The big fella needs to learn how to say modern - it's not modrin :mad:

Agree with most of this Heidi - but I have to say I love the bath in the bedroom.
    I stayed in a hotel that had the bathroom in a glass box in the bedroom (you could push bamboo screens over the glass) I loved it!

Agree with most of this Heidi - but I have to say I love the bath in the bedroom.
    I stayed in a hotel that had the bathroom in a glass box in the bedroom (you could push bamboo screens over the glass) I loved it!

Ah well now, that's different to having the bath actually IN the bedroom!

(Maybe I'm a closet prude and I just haven't realised it until now :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Its a poor mans version of the NI programme with Laurence Llewelin Bowen that goes out every two years or so.
    Their format is much better, with an architect assessing the exterior, a designer the interior and an estate agent the probable value.
    The RTE judges offer no critique apart from a few comments on 'not liking the furniture.' Abysmal production values from RTE again.

Ah I think that is a bit harsh. I am enjoying it - I wish it was longer than a half an hour though.

Me personally, I'd hate an estate agent being part of it.

• Advertisement

The NI one is House of the Year (if I'm not mistaken). With the emphasis on architecture.

The RTE one is Home of the Year. With the emphasis more on interior design and poking around a few of the rooms.

Subtle difference, but the resulting programmes are worlds apart.

Advertisement