Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

I think I read somewhere that they give you 4 weeks notice... So I'm just training at all times like its 4 weeks away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

In campaign one most of us were given about 5 weeks notice. No harm in starting your training now, you'll need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

NEXT MEETING IN PUBLIC: 2nd April 2015 in Waterside Tower at 2:30pm You can watch the meeting in public live on You Tube

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Can you actually watch this live on youtube? I tried with the last one and couldn't get it working hah!

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Can you actually watch this live on youtube? I tried with the last one and couldn't get it working hah!

Yea you can. Go to the NIPB website and there's a link to it there. Worked for me last few times alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

To be honest I can't see them mentioning much on recruitment other than what we already know, that we are all in for a long wait! The main topic of discussion will more than likely be the shake up in policing model/re organising districts

If they say anything about recruitment one of you guys should post it up here as I will be working and will miss it :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

PCA dates are out. Received mine today but I'm thankful to say I'll be in GV instead of having to sit it again.

Not been home to check the post yet..... wondering if mine has arrived. This forum will see some traffic now haha comes in batches when they move, we move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

The PCA is also the same as last time - 3:54 for three laps of the same course and 26kg push/pull.

Attrition rates will still be high again.

• Advertisement

Awfully quiet on here despite the fact that it seems people have received their PCA invites. Only one confirmed person so far and they have withdrawn from the 1405 campaign. I wonder of the 98 that are in the first batch how many are still in it...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭chickidee

I'm actually quite surprised that they didn't amend the PCA after all that talk.

Maybe we'll hear more this evening when people get home from work.

Good news none the less, best of luck to anyone up soon!

Yeah I reckon most people probably aren't in yet to check the post I am in that position myself can't wait to go home!!

I can confirm I have recieved my invite today. Very important few weeks coming up in my life.... good luck to everyone taking part in the PCA.

There will be a presentation on the 15/16 Policing Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Any news on recruitment plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Razer33 wrote: »
    Any news on recruitment plans?

None that I seen or heard just that the money that they underspent last year can't be used for recruitment sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Sothe guys getting the PCA invites.... What kind of score was achieved in the 14/05 assessment centre? Trying to work out what scores are getting these invites?

I was low 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

78 and above got vetting forms, 98 got vetting forms in total, I would imagine there will be some who have since got the call from campaign 1 and with rates of attrition, they should get 1 squad of 42 possibly 2 squads if less is taken on per squad, I would say the next 100 or more will get vetting forms soon, nothing was mentioned about recruitment and I believe it's just see how we go, when you look at the cuts forces in England are having to make but yet are still recruiting you wonder why here can't make the quota.

I know you have to take in consideration inflation but pre Patten there was 12000 officers there is now 6800, and the budget pre Patten was operating at 1.1 billion now it's operating at more than 700 million, near a 3rd of the budget shaved off however near half the workforce.

I'm hoping they will take on as many as they can which I think they will, and hopefully thats the full amount. I would imagine within the next few weeks more vetting forms will be heading out, heard from someone in the know they are expecting high levels of attrition with the pca staying the same and the fact a lot of talk of budget cuts etc will put folks off, pay too. So stay the course folks, it ain't over til it's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sophiekoby

I can't post a link for some reason but belfast telegraph have an article online regarding pca. All recruits will be given 2 chances to pass physical exam from now on.

Article posted on Belfast Telegraph facebook page 1hr ago.

Awesome! I am trying really hard to pass it on the first go but this means I can go into the day feeling a little less nervous and that should make it easier not to mess it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I can't post it either but it's a pile of poop in my opinion. There's a link in another thread to the information

Is anyone else feeling like this whole recruitment campaign has been a bit of a shambles, I want this job more than air itself. That being said it's taken a year to do an entrance exam and an assessment, I understand there is financial implications, but this is kinda crazy.

With the budget issues, and now the pca, it's all over the show, I'm assuming the PSNI don't know what they're doing, and this isn't a bashing as I am pro PSNI and I want this as my career until I either retire or I die lol.

That being said my mind is melted and I look at other forces, whom are under serious financial cuts but are still continously recruiting and recruiting recruits within a 6-9 month period, and are doing it in house, where as here it's a snail's pace. It is what it is I suppose. Incredibly frustrating. Thought I would just vent lol.

Could be worse. Campaign 1 have people still waiting who haven't had a yes or no and that started September 2013 lol!!! They're testing your patience ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Its just frustrating for everyone, if it wasnt frustrating or worrying then id be thinking this wasnt the job i wanted anymore.
    The uncertainty around 1405 is harder to deal with for me because i messed up in 1309 and then came back and massively improved on my narrowly missing out at AC but even at that it may still not be enough, despite a score which could have seen me in the 3rd or 4th squad in campaign 1

Lol totally get you. I messed up in AC campaign 2 cos I was debating doing it as I was expecting a call lol. Still passed but not enough to get processed in campaign 2. Now you've got newspaper reports saying they're making the PCA different cos there's not enough females passing it and I feel like I'm standing here screaming jumping up and down waving my hands shouting just bloody let me in then!!!!! Thinking you need to be a little sadistic to willingly put yourself through years of torturous waiting hoping and expectations to apply for this job/life. I swear this is more of an emotional roller coaster than being pregnant lmfao!!!!!

Settle my lovelies, it will happen. Maybe at a snails pace but it will happen :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Could be worse. Campaign 1 have people still waiting who haven't had a yes or no and that started September 2013 lol!!! They're testing your patience ;)

That's a very fair point

That's a very fair point

Lol you know me, I like to stir the pot for a bit of craic!!! If I didn't have a twisted sense of humour about this job I don't think I'd be fit to do the job :D

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol you know me, I like to stir the pot for a bit of craic!!! If I didn't have a twisted sense of humour about this job I don't think I'd be fit to do the job :D

Lol, it is a fair point though, as you say it will happen, just have to muster some more patience.

Advertisement