Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner back in the cinema?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Lighthouse is screening it on the 14th Dec.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cheers, just booked to see this in the Imax, one of the benefits to living in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

The benefit of being OLDE is that I caught this one playing the big screen Adelphi 1 first run. TWICE.

Ah, the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

The IFI are showing the final cut in April http://www.ifi.ie/blade-runner-final-cut
    Definitely a top ten film for me. IMHO it is, visually the greatest film ever made. Every frame is a work of art.
    I have to see it on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I love sci fi and it took me about 5 times to get through Blade Runner without falling asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Short notice, but its in Omniplex Limerick, Cork and Rathmines tis evening.

https://www.omniplex.ie/whatson/movie?id=HO00000853

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

iomega wrote: »
    The IFI are showing the final cut in April http://www.ifi.ie/blade-runner-final-cut
    Definitely a top ten film for me. IMHO it is, visually the greatest film ever made. Every frame is a work of art.
    I have to see it on the big screen.

The Lighthouse are also showing it. Just the three days announced so far but I asked if they're showing it for longer and was told they'll add more days soon.

http://lighthouse.admit-one.eu/?p=details&eventCode=15585

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭emo72

http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/cinema/dublin/film/blade-runner-the-final-cut-re-2015-i

vue are showing it too over easter. good times. me the wife and the kids are going to this. if i have i have to sit through frozen, well they can sit through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Just back from the Limerick showing in the Omniplex. Great to see such a classic film at the cinema. It was a packed house, so hopefully we might get to see more classics that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

I first saw Blade Runner when I was about 8 and hated it. I just saw it as weird, long and boring. So I was trepidacious about seeing it again in the Rathmines Ominplex last night. Wow. It was like seeing it for the first time and I honestly thought it was a masterpiece. The opening thunder of drums immediately grabs your attention, the sets looked like art work and every actor seemed perfectly cast. I came out with so many questions still burning which I viewed as a positive. Was very pleased I went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Goddamit I only found out about it being in Omniplex Limerick late last night. Would have loved to see it.

Anyone know if it's going to get a wide release in April in parallel with the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

I went to see it last night at the Limerick Omniplex. Blade Runner is one of my favourite films so I jumped at the chance to see it on the big screen. The experience was ruined by center speakers that cracked and hissed throughout the film.

I was too much of a coward to walk out in the middle of the film and complain to management but I won't be going to the Omniplex again. Such a lousy way to treat paying customers if they knew beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Roark wrote: »
    I went to see it last night at the Limerick Omniplex. Blade Runner is one of my favourite films so I jumped at the chance to see it on the big screen. The experience was ruined by center speakers that cracked and hissed throughout the film.

I was too much of a coward to walk out in the middle of the film and complain to management but I won't be going to the Omniplex again. Such a lousy way to treat paying customers if they knew beforehand.

I noticed that the sound was problematic in a couple of scenes where the audio was extremely loud (more often during the spinner sequences) but it didn't ruin the experience for me. It did seem that the audio level was set a tad too loud.

I don't think it was the loudness that was the problem tbh. During the Newstalk introduction before the movie started it was quite obvious that the centre speakers were blown/faulty.

I emailed the Omniplex and they admitted that they received another complaint on the night, they are "investigating". They offered me complimentary tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Omniplex

Last week's Bladerunner was a preview and will start a run in all Rathmines, Cork, Limerick, Dundonald and Derry this Friday.

@Roark, apologies for sounds issues. We weren't aware of it, but we'll look into. Who did you contact?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Guys,

I've just spoken to the management down in Limerick, who are in the process of rectifying this. The speakers aren't blown and there a no issues with other films playing in that screen, nor with Bladerunner in the other cinemas we screened it. We've asked the sound engineers to play specific scenes of Bladerunner with the Police spinnners on in order to identify the problem. Sorry if this affected your enjoyment.

This was screened as part of the Newstalk Cinema Club and we will have a classic movie as part of the club on the last Thursday of every month.

Best,

Simon

Hi Simon,

I emailed Limerick@ omniplex.ie. I received a reply from "Limerick Omniplex"

If the sound issue was specific to Blade Runner why was the Newstalk cinema club presentation played before hand affected? It sounded like I was listening to radio station which hadn't been tuned correctly. It was awful.

Hi Roark,

The static on the Newstalk intrduction was actually sent to us by them. It wasn't apparent until we did a test run in the cinema and by then it was too late for them to get us a decent copy. It appeared to be problem with John Kelleher's mic, as it didn't happen when Chris O'Donoghue was talking. This is ironic coming from a radio company, but it's all we had to work with and thought it was better to show their introduction, even with the static, rather than not run it. Sorry that was a rather a long-winded way of saying the issue with the Newstalk video and Bladerunner were unconnected.

Simon

@Simon

I hadn't intended on returning to the Omniplex in Limerick again. I was angry because I thought there was a good chance that management/staff knew about the sound issue beforehand, due to sound issues on two different clips.

I understand that sound issues happening on the night are sometimes unavoidable and I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

No worries, glad to help clear things up. If any cinema management are aware of any issues that affect could adversely affect the quality of of film, be it the screen, sound or just the environment in the room e.g. heating/air con or seating etc then they are instructed not to use that screen/auditorium. We'd rather not use it than provide something that was below standard. BTW the offer of the complementary tickets still stands if you'd like to take them up.

Cheers,

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Omniplex wrote: »
    Last week's Bladerunner was a preview and will start a run in all Rathmines, Cork, Limerick, Dundonald and Derry this Friday.
    Think this got skimmed over :) Great news, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

It's on the cine phenomena here (http://www.phenomena-experience.com/)

and in May , 2001 a Space Odyssey in 70MM ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this is the Dublin showings but you can change the county

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Seen it in the IFI & vue, liffey valley (twice). Great to see this classic film on a cinema screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the film with a live orchestra is going to be playing in Bord Gais

https://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/artist/blade-runner-live

Advertisement