Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Value for Meat

• 31-03-2015 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi guys, Im starting on a new eating plan with my personal trainer and as part of it im not allowed carbs for the next 10 days. The plan is mainly made up of green veg, red meat and chicken.

Im just wondering does anyone know of a butchers that does deals on steaks?? I know of a place for the chicken and im going to check them out for steaks also today.

Also does anyone know where to buy a big tray of eggs??

Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭dzilla

moose3844 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Im starting on a new eating plan with my personal trainer and as part of it im not allowed carbs for the next 10 days. The plan is mainly made up of green veg, red meat and chicken.

Im just wondering does anyone know of a butchers that does deals on steaks?? I know of a place for the chicken and im going to check them out for steaks also today.

Also does anyone know where to buy a big tray of eggs??

Thanks for your help!!

Molloys in ardkeen definitely do bumper packs and trays of eggs i think

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

dzilla wrote: »
    Molloys in ardkeen definitely do bumper packs and trays of eggs i think

Thanks dzilla ill check it out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

You could try the premium butcher i havent bought anything from them myself but they have good deals http://www.thepremiumbutcher.ie/

Has anyone used them before id rather just go to the shop but is it only online or can you walk in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I haven't been in ages, but Countrystyle out in Grannagh have an outlet shop where you can buy meat. The last time I was there, it was great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

You could try the premium butcher i havent bought anything from them myself but they have good deals http://www.thepremiumbutcher.ie/

Has anyone used them before id rather just go to the shop but is it only online or can you walk in?

I've often gotten meat online and in the actual shop out in Carroll's Cross and never had a problem with any of it. The shop has things that aren't online.

I often get meat from Bobby's Butchers in Ballytruckle. I think the local GAA club were taking part in Operation Transformation so he had a number of bundles of low fat meat on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Molloy's Butchers in Ferrybank do a 'Protein Pack' for €50.
    Saw it on a flyer recently that read 20 Chicken Fillets, 20 Pork Chops, 4 Steaks and a tray of 18 eggs for €50.
    I don't buy much meat so not sure if that's good value or not...but sounds the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

crazyman wrote: »
    Molloy's Butchers in Ferrybank do a 'Protein Pack' for €50.
    Saw it on a flyer recently that read 20 Chicken Fillets, 20 Pork Chops, 4 Steaks and a tray of 18 eggs for €50.
    I don't buy much meat so not sure if that's good value or not...but sounds the part.

Make sure the eggs are free range please:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdzQf95rpcU

Not worth the pain for the pennies you will save

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Make sure the eggs are free range please:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdzQf95rpcU

Not worth the pain for the pennies you will save

That's someway to derail a thread about meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

That's someway to derail a thread about meat.

I never mentioned the chicken, just the eggs. every little helps as that is so cruel.

There is still people that don't buy free range eggs so maybe they will change their way after viewing that.
    Lidl Do great steak by the way. Striploin and rib-eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I find Dunphys butchers in the Lisduggan shopping centre very good, and i'd buy a fair amount of meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Phillip Egan factory shop in the industrial estate on the old kilmeaden road , behind kavanagh paints. Has everything and cheap

Advertisement