Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

J1 2015 Montauk

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

Does anybody have any suggestions for accommodation? Ann breyers full :/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 d2014

Sorry everyone its been filled since!

Hey! Has anyone ever heard of anyone going to sag harbour, not too far from montauk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hopkinsd

Hey there, myself and three friends (all guys) are planning to head to Montauk and are seeking accommodation. Any advice on where to look this late? ANyone require a few bodies to fill a place?

Ann Breyer's cottages was recommended to me but it's full unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Any idea of weekly rent on Montauk? Trying to judge if work earnings would cover it but can only see old posts which mentioned $140 p/w with 5 in Motel room - but that's from 2012. Anybody got any more up to date rates? What are people paying in Ann Breyers / Tipp Inn?

• Advertisement

Be wary of Craigslist. Had property offered to me in Montauk for reduced rate. Seemed - as they say- too good to be true. Did loads of research and eventually found ad for another unit in the same block of condos and emailed that person . He told me that the owner of the unit I was intending to rent was NOT the owner and real owner never advertised on Craigslist. I was sent a lease etc by scammer which seemed legit. Got name, bank acct number, phone number etc from them and all my questions were answered . Basic fact, seemed too good.
    I went to a lot of trouble to check that it wasn't a scam. Luckily I found out. Please everyone, be careful! Btw prop address on Emerson Ave , Montauk. In case anyone caught!
    Back to the drawing board...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lukiej

Hi j1ers!
    So I'm an Irish lad who's been living in NYC for the last two years. This summer I am moving to Montauk to bartend for the summer season. I have found a basement in a house through a friend of mine. Basically it will be myself and my girlfriend in one bed and then with a curtain or divider I need two people to fill the other bed. Preferably two girls. I am 24, and while I will obviously want to have a great summer in Montauk I'm going out there to work and save money. I am looking for two people to fill the other bed to secure the house for the summer. From May-Sep. a couple and their dog live in the main part of the house itself, this will not be a party house, so it may not suit of you folks, but I'm looking for two mature girls or guys who will be out their to of course have fun but also to work and over 21.

Thanks,
    Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peter31oct

Could someone tell me whether or not going on a J1 under 21 would still we worth it ? Surely its not impossible to get in places ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tystudentx

Hey has anyone rented from a guy called Dennis, he goes by the company name reputable rentals?

Hey has anyone rented from a guy called Dennis, he goes by the company name reputable rentals?

• Advertisement

Hey :) Just thought i'd let you know that I nearly got scammed by a person who gave their email address as reputablerentals@hotmail.com and gave a name as Dana. It turned out to be a total hoax.

This might be a totally different person though :) The place I was looking at was a one bed place with room for 6 across from the beach.Reasonable rent. Was looking for a bank transfer and was advertised on craigslist.

It was obviously too good to be true but luckily I copped on in time :eek:

It was a close call for me so just thought id let you know...just in case.
    :)

Hope it works out for you (and that we both find accommodation!)

Thank you so much, definitely sounds like it could be the same people! Really appreciate your reply!

Re recent post. This is the link to scam posting on Craigslist. Its still there and doesn't seem to be any way of hi lighting it as scam on website. Pass it on if you know anyone else looking in montauk this summer. Nearly caught out and would like to warn anyone else..

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vac/4982771666.html
    AKA
    Reputablerentals@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jenndee92

hi there myself (female) and a friend (male) are heading to montauk mid june to mid september 2015 with friends, they have secured accomodation as they were there last year, we are looking hard for accomodation but to no joy...if anyone is renting and has a spare room or two and would be willing to share with use please get in contact...we are very easy going and up for a good time..cheers :)

Advertisement